42 year old male...tired of sucking it in...

Options
Summer is here and golf shorts not fitting, will be going to water park alot.....I need help dropping 25 pounds! Will golfing 2 times a week, walking not riding, and counting my calories be enough??

Replies

• Jaikman10
    Jaikman10 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say seeing as how I don't know how much you weigh... if you're 125 lbs, then losing 25 lbs is going to be tough :)
    I started watching my portions back in November as a friendly challenge with a co-worker. I didn't see much progress until a buddy hooked me up with MFP. Now that I actually track what goes into my mouth... wow, what a difference. I've lost about 23lbs since the beginning of April; and I haven't even started cardio yet. This week I'm going to start working some cardio into my routine and expect to hit my goals in the next 3 months (weight that is.. going to continue to build muscle).
    Currently, I'm at 168 (need to update my profile) and simply doing push-ups/pull-ups 3 times a week while watching my calorie intake. I was very out of shape when i started, could do maybe 8 pushups and 0 pull ups; last night i pumped out 92 pushups (in sets of 15) with a 1 minute break, and 12 pull-ups (sets of 3).
    Based on my results... I'd say YES, you can achieve your goal by just watching your calories using MFP, but throw in a little more exercise and BLAM, you'll see a change in no time! Best of luck and STICK WITH IT!!!!
  • tomsliva
    tomsliva Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm starting this at 195 pounds. At 5'7", I'm not supposed to be anywhere near that!!! Thanks for the encouragement, Day 2!
  • lpeace2u
    lpeace2u Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I think, in time, you will CRAVE more excercise. I went from walking 3 times a week to walking 4-5 days a week and throwing in 1-2 kickboxing classes a week. Now it's time for me to incorporate some weight training to tone things up a bit.