Need a recipe for Fajitas

Options
mbb8682
mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
Please if you know of a healthy way to make them.

Replies

• design_girl
    Options
    onions, bell peppers, squash and zucchini with seasoning of your choice (not too much salt) sauteed in a drizzle of olive oil served on whole wheat tortillas with plenty of salsa, lettuce, tomatoes, black beans and avocado! yum!
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Hello there! When I make fajitas, I generally use chicken for myself and kids and lean steak for my husband. I use non fat cooking spray to cook the meat and then I add in spices such as cumin, ground chipotle chile pepper, ground coriander seed, ground cayenne (red) pepper and the juice of one lime. I then add sliced green and red peppers and onion. This is about as healthy as I can get it, using no oil and just cooking spray to cook everything in, you don't need the flavor from the oil with all the spices and there is no added seasoning from a fajita seasoning packet! I also add tomatoes, lettuce, sometimes avocado and light sour cream when they are finished with Buena Vida Low Carb Whole Wheat Tortillas.

Hope this helps! :drinker:
  • mbb8682
    mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Buena Vida Low Carb Whole Wheat Tortillas.

LOVE THESE!
  • cattiemac
    cattiemac Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I use chicken, onions & peppers and stir-fry them. For seasoning I like Club House Tex Mex seasoning. Serve with warm tortillas and whatever toppings you like. Enjoy!!
  • loritas
    Options
    Bump