At home

Options
So I can't afford to go to the gym anymore, and I wonder if anybody can give me any advice or tips on what I can do at home?

Replies

• tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels DVDs, if you have a Wii or xbox there are dance games/Zumba.
  • tmm01
    tmm01 Posts: 137
    Options
    Hi, I have a few DVDs at home, Davina, Jillian Michaels and some stepper workouts. When I don't have time to go to the gym, and need to work out I use these. I do different ones all the time, as I need to keep the interest. If I don't want to concentrate I do the step DVD as I've done this one so much I know all the moves, so don't have to watch to hard, but I like Davina and Jillian - although she tells me off, just in the right places - how does she know?!?

I also use the Wii Fit and Biggest Loser Wii game - particularly as this can involve the kids, so fun for all the family, and I am still working!

As for weights, start with baked beans for small weights, and work your way through the food cupboard to bags of potatoes etc.

Needless to say I always close the curtains when exercising - I really must look a sight!
  • cnmince
    cnmince Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have a collection of work-out DVD's (and tapes). I also have discovered Work-outs on Netflix that I can stream. I even checked out a DVD from my library, Fat Burning for Dummies, that I really like. I keep checking it out and renewing it. Someday I'll have to actually buy my own copy. Also, if you can stream to your TV, Amazon will sell you some of the Jillian Michaels stuff.

Good luck! Time to get creative!
  • jadedbutterfly71
    jadedbutterfly71 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels dvd's, walk, c25k...I don't have a gym membership, but I work out 6 days per week. Ordered my dvd's from Amazon...
  • roberta65
    roberta65 Posts: 31
    Options
    yoga ball and you can get lots of exercises off the net. You don't need fancy equipment to get results just dedication!
  • tdmcmains
    tdmcmains Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Jillian Michael's DVDs.
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I would recommend P90X if you are after a really good professional workout system, it has elements of resistance, cardio & yoga & is a very well rounded program. Although to get the best from it you need free weights & a pull up bar, resistance bands can be substituted & are a cheaper(but less effective) option.

Pure cardio I would recommend TurboFire, fun, fast & really entertaining. I know you will get recommendations for Insanity, I found it to be quite high impact & repetitive! TF works on the same principles as Insanity but makes it fun.

Full body functionality, I would recommend RushFit, it is 5 x 5 minute "rounds" with a minutes rest in between, these are meant to simulate a MMA Fight & are slightly different to the normal w/outs that are out there. Although the presentation is a little drier, the system is based on sound knowledge & frankly I think it is fun, the w/outs are circuit based & you can just use your bodyweight for most of the routines.

Relaxation Brian Kest Power Yoga, great instruction & three workouts on one disc, a bargain :)

Russ