p90x

Options
Hey everyone. Im on day 45 of the p90x program and this site is a big help watching my nutrition on a daily basis. Anyone else out there doing p90x?

Replies

• delilah07
    Options
    Fastplastic,

I just started my 3 round of P90X but this time I am doing a hybrid with Insanity and P90X. P90X is an awesome program and you will love the results. This site had help me stick to my diet. Keep it up
  • geregam
    geregam Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    If you have enough self motivation (and don't need the video yelling at you for 90 minutes), www.crossfit.com has a very similar methodology in a more compact package. Crossfit's workout of the day (with warmup and cooldown) can usually be done in about a half hour. Add in a half hour of cardio, and you will have sufficiently kicked your own butt.

I've been following the WOD for about 4 months, and it's definitely a nice change to the same old workout. I've also noticed that my running has improved since I started with their cross training.
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I'm just finishing up my 5th week of P90X
  • InTheMoney
    InTheMoney Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm at the end of week 11 in my 2nd round. Keep pushing play, you will be amazed at the results.
  • darklydesigned
    darklydesigned Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've done the P90x and can safely say it kicks my *kitten*. I've switched gears to a fitness trainer game called EA Sports Active on the Wii and am liking it very much!

Good luck though, it looks like P90x has been working out very well for you! :happy:
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to get P90X as a gift for my birthday or Christmas coming up. If I do get it, I will then start fresh on January 1st. :smile:

Welcome to MFP!
  • ogar1212
    Options
    I'm just finishing week 1 and love it.
    Where is everyone from?
  • darklydesigned
    darklydesigned Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Where is everyone from?

Toronto, Ontario CANADA here...
  • InTheMoney
    Options
    Where is everyone from?

PA
  • stef102093
    stef102093 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I got the program gonna get started on it next weeek.
  • rmchan
    rmchan Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 12...my husband and I are doing it together! I am still frustrated that I cannot do a chin up!!! I can do a few with one foot on a chair..when I first started I couldn't do that! My husband looks amazing! He went from a 38 to a 36! lost 16 pounds and has a lot of definition! I've lost 5 pds and 9 inches all over...I am a lot stronger and I see more definition as well...it's a kick butt routine..gotta say for me..I'm tired of Tony after 12 weeks...ready to do something else for a while...before I start over!
  • InTheMoney
    Options
    I'm in week 12...my husband and I are doing it together! I am still frustrated that I cannot do a chin up!!! I can do a few with one foot on a chair..when I first started I couldn't do that! My husband looks amazing! He went from a 38 to a 36! lost 16 pounds and has a lot of definition! I've lost 5 pds and 9 inches all over...I am a lot stronger and I see more definition as well...it's a kick butt routine..gotta say for me..I'm tired of Tony after 12 weeks...ready to do something else for a while...before I start over!
    Sounds like a candidate for Insanity.
  • saint84
    saint84 Posts: 2,182
    Options
    I can't decide wether to get P90x or Insanity? I don't have the Pull up bars or a space to do a lot of weights with P90x and it doesn't look like Insanity has any weights? Anyone else share these similar problems that have done P90x? If so, how did you get by? Does it have alternative methods to the exercises for those without the weights or pull up bars?

Thanks a mill,
    Oh, I'm from Tn
  • princessjade22
    Options
    Hello,

I am on my 7th week of P90x and I am so hooked. This site is really great. Welcome! :happy:

268296.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans
  • princessjade22
    Options
    @ Saint 84

I don't use a pull up bar. I use the bands and they hook onto any door. He shows you how to use the bands for all the exercises. You can also use the bands instead of weights too. All you need are set of dumbells and your good to go. I have them in two different sizes. Its a great work out program. Good luck!

Rene from CA:smile:

268296.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans
  • saint84
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks a Mill princessjade22! I've been holding back because of the pull up bar thing. I can do them but I'm affraid my house would fall down lol!!! I'm looking forward to picking it up now!
  • InTheMoney
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks a Mill princessjade22! I've been holding back because of the pull up bar thing. I can do them but I'm affraid my house would fall down lol!!! I'm looking forward to picking it up now!
    As princess said, the bands can do the job without the weights or bar. And Insanity is a more advanced program that shouldn't be done unless you have done something like P90X or Power 90 first. It's true that weights aren't used, but it is extremely intense. I have done 2 rounds of the X and am starting Insanity on Monday and I am still wondering if I can do it right.
  • saint84
    Options
    Be sure to keep us all in the loop, I'd love to hear the details.
  • InTheMoney
    Options
    Well....Insanity does kick your butt. As they say in the commercial, even the warm up is a killer.
  • saint84
    Options
    Awesome! I was wondering how hardcore it was