LOSING WEIGHT BUT STOMACH GETTING BIGGER!

HELP! Ok this is my second week working out and eating right...I've been taking my measurements and I've been losing inches all over my body and Im down 8 lbs.... I woke up this morning .8 lbs heavier and my upper stomach has gained 5 inches yet everywhere else is shrinking....does anyone know why this could be?

Replies

• emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Maybe you built up muscle... I haven't gained in my stomach but I sure as hell haven't lost anything there either.. I do notice that my muscles are stronger though. That could be it. I'd like to see what everyone else says too. I'm curious.
  • hmmmm im hoping its just water retention or something ...this sucks lol
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 423 Member
    5 inches? as in five? or .5 as in a half?
  • shelbynicole32
    shelbynicole32 Posts: 179 Member
    Is your TOM is coming up? My stomach has a tendency to get bigger a week before and stays until its over.
  • It happened overnight, it's either fluid or food still in your system. Could be related to your cycle. It's not fat or muscle, that doesn't happen overnight.
  • jumpyjavajawa
    jumpyjavajawa Posts: 36 Member
    Could be bloating. If eating better includes getting more fiber then it could be your body adjusting to it. A big problem with tummy measurements is bloating, it comes and goes depending on what you've been eating. Or even if you're regular, no one wants to mention poop but it's true!
    I know some days my belly sticks out more then others and if I look back on what I was eating it was most likely bloating.
    Also time of the month matters for women because some of us experience more boating then others during that time.
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    You're probably just bloated. Drink lots of water and take probiotics.
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    My stomach is looking bigger because I am losing weight everywhere else. Will take measurements again at the end of the month.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    maybe ur preggers my wife stomac got bigr when she was pregerz
  • girl, you're bloated and retaining water. nothing to worry about, it will go away.

you have NOT gained muscle.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    hmmmm im hoping its just water retention or something ...this sucks lol

I'm going to go with water retention. 8 pounds is 28,000 calories so unless you drank about a gallon of olive oil in your sleep last night, it's not fat.

8 pounds is also a lot to be explained by something like sodium-related water retention.

Drink some extra water and hang in there. Remember that visits from uncle TOM are accompanied with water retention and a general tendency toward lower tolerance for setbacks, so don't step on the scales when TOM is visiting and things will go much more smoothly.
  • could be Tom.....toms a mean man lol