Having braces is a lot like losing weight

Options
sinclare
sinclare Posts: 369 Member

>I just got my braces off. And it made me think: Having braces is a lot like losing weight.

It's a process.
It doesn't happen overnight. It's all about making gradual changes, adjustments, and sticking to the plan.
It took 30 years for my teeth to move so much I didn't even look like myself in pictures. It took 26 months to get them back.

So, stay focused, stay on course, let's do this!
34 minutes ago · Comment

Replies

• trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I wore braces for 18 months as an adult and it was the best thing I've ever done for myself - aside from loosing weight of course. Totally worth the pain, pressure and stupid rubberbands.
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    And your retainer for maintenance is like your pants....gets a little tight when you start to stray!
  • BobzStuff
    BobzStuff Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have braces right now and they are part of the reason why I started losing.
  • sinclare
    Options
    I have braces right now and they are part of the reason why I started losing.

Me too! I thought, hey, what if I just made one little change in my diet? That was like 25 lbs ago!
  • sinclare
    Options
    *like*
  • sinclare
    Options
    And your retainer for maintenance is like your pants....gets a little tight when you start to stray!

Oops! I mean, *like* this!
  • BetherFace
    BetherFace Posts: 48
    Options
    Oh I want braces so bad.
  • PDiddy0913
    PDiddy0913 Posts: 65
    Options
    I agree! Since starting to lose weight, I've decided to invest in myself more. I got braces in January. I will have them for 12-18 months and I'm getting LASIK tomorrow. I'm also down about 41 pounds and still losing! I can't wait to reach all my goals! Here's to our best selves!!
  • kittyfrost
    kittyfrost Posts: 54
    Options
    I had braces for nearly two years and I hated it! I had a lot of pain and gaps in my teeth so I wasn't the best looking for a while, haha! I still don't like my teeth but they do look a lot better than they did, & I don't have to have any taken out which is good :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!