Self Realization Success

Options
On Halloween night i had a party with my girl friends where i made lots of bad diet type food, aka sausage tarts, baked chicken skewers, diet soda cake, and, sausage con queso. of course i had some left over, and the next day brought the left over con queso to a friends and played cards. I of course at the chips and dip, and was not hungry for dinner around dinner time. when i got back to my apartment with my roommate, she was making food for herself, a really good smelling frozen dinner. without realizing i found myself at the cupboards looking for something to eat. I then stopped and asked myself, was I hungry? or was i eating cause my roommate was. I thought for a few seconds and realized it was the second, and then closed the cupboards and went to talk to my roommate while she ate.

This was a big break through for me. normally i would have just eathen something with her, even though i wasnt hungry. that was demonstrated when i went to the cupboard without thinking and started looking for food.

I think this is one step forward into me losing weight better.

Replies

• TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    awesome that you recognized it. I bet I'd have gone for food for the same reason.
  • my_cherie72
    Options
    i am really trying to think before i eat. Not something that I usually do. Proud of you.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I have a habit of indulging in sweets when I go to my mom's...like the calories eaten there don't count. Good for you for taking the time to think it through. We all need to make better choices, and realize that the little justifications we give ourselves just set us up for failure.
  • katejones79
    katejones79 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Good Job! I had to smile at your Halloween food list... I made my husband ( and friends) eat every Reese's peanut butter cup in the house! Or they would have been thrown away today!!! Chocolate and Peanut butter are something that I cannot resist!
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    BRAVO!!! Good job Girl! :flowerforyou: :love: :flowerforyou:

It is amazing when we Stop-Look & Listen first before automatically eating something.
    I'm forcing myself to do that when the Costco chocolate-covered raisins call to me!!! :laugh: :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!