LOSING IT.... seriously. :|

Options
Hi ya'll. I'm a 30 something wife and work at home mother of 2. I always thought life kept me busy enough to also keep me fit and somehow I've walked around with a reverse type of body dysmorphic disorder where I see myself looking better than I actually do. Every day (when another craving attacks me) I remind myself that NOTHING tastes as good as skinny/ healthy feels.

I'd love to be friends with you if you're looking to lose it too. No debbie-downers. Sense of humor a must. This is the end of my personals ad. ;)

Replies

• MsRiah
    MsRiah Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Well I'm a 21 year old mother, and I constantly find myself saying , "Well Mariah you really aren't THAT fat !" wth is THAT fat?!? lol But I have to get serious about this whole weight loss thing and look how I really want to look ! So , .. Let's The Games Begin . & Feel Free To Add Me , I Log Everyday :)
  • meliann07
    meliann07 Posts: 24
    Options
    I think I suffered from the same disorder lol. I never thought I looked THAT bad but now I'm realizing I was wrong lol. I'll add you. :)
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I've lost and gained and lost and gained again my whole life..a Yo Yo of 10 lbs...not much, but it affected my later life in a quick heart attack that I am now struggling to stay away from in the future!! Fortunately, I can still run and jump with my grandchildren who are now 2 years and 5 months...TOTAL GIFTS of precious life that I thought I would never experience, since my daughter took me at my word when I told her enjoy her life to the fullest. After she has traveled and lived in different areas of the the Western World..she found, ane fell in love with the father of her children..and now she makes the best Mom...and I am a Grandma now. She studied is a Nurse...and between Mom and Dad...I get to take care of my Grandbabies a few days a week...SO FUN! NOW...I want to lose the stubborn FAT that has held on all my adult life, and I found MFP. I will SUPPORT you and encourage you to lose...and looking for the same! I, too, want this SERIOUSLY (big smile)...I am always looking for SERIOUS Pals to share the Journey!! Add me if you like!!! Good Luck in your Journey! Hehehe...I am a Debbie...BUT CERTAINLY NOT A DOWNER...LOL...
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I'm with you girl..100%. I'm a 38 mother of 3. I want to lose this weight once and for all. I'm requesting you now. :)
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    Oh wow! I've got the same disorder too! Must be something in the water....
  • Nikkei24
    Nikkei24 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I can hear that. I went through a similar phase where i was slowly gaining and when I looked in the mirror was like ehh its not that bad.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Hello, just added you! I'm a 40 year old mother of 3. None of my kids are fat. my husband is tall and lean. I'm the only fat one in the house, and tired of it! Even though I don't look as fat/heavy as I actually am. Anyone feel free to add me!
  • NostalgicMuse
    NostalgicMuse Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • NostalgicMuse
    Options
    Well I'm a 21 year old mother, and I constantly find myself saying , "Well Mariah you really aren't THAT fat !" wth is THAT fat?!? lol But I have to get serious about this whole weight loss thing and look how I really want to look ! So , .. Let's The Games Begin . & Feel Free To Add Me , I Log Everyday :)

I think i'm officially "that fat".
    I recall telling my husband early in our marriage "if I ever get 'that fat', please tell me, okay?" And he has.... gently, nervously even. I'm thankful.

I'm a daily poster too!
  • Tatt2luvr
    Tatt2luvr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! Good Luck on your weight loss journey! :smile:
  • NostalgicMuse
    Options
    I think I suffered from the same disorder lol. I never thought I looked THAT bad but now I'm realizing I was wrong lol. I'll add you. :)

Thank you!!!
    Pictures (or sometimes lack of pictures) of your whole body can help to show you how you REALLY look.
    For me, one too many sweet honest little children told me i have a Big Butt. Yeah...major wake up call.
  • pennyrtyler
    pennyrtyler Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I've just woken up from the same reverse disorder! Workin' on it - very slowly.
  • NostalgicMuse
    Options
    I've lost and gained and lost and gained again my whole life..a Yo Yo of 10 lbs...not much, but it affected my later life in a quick heart attack that I am now struggling to stay away from in the future!! Fortunately, I can still run and jump with my grandchildren who are now 2 years and 5 months...TOTAL GIFTS of precious life that I thought I would never experience, since my daughter took me at my word when I told her enjoy her life to the fullest. After she has traveled and lived in different areas of the the Western World..she found, ane fell in love with the father of her children..and now she makes the best Mom...and I am a Grandma now. She studied is a Nurse...and between Mom and Dad...I get to take care of my Grandbabies a few days a week...SO FUN! NOW...I want to lose the stubborn FAT that has held on all my adult life, and I found MFP. I will SUPPORT you and encourage you to lose...and looking for the same! I, too, want this SERIOUSLY (big smile)...I am always looking for SERIOUS Pals to share the Journey!! Add me if you like!!! Good Luck in your Journey! Hehehe...I am a Debbie...BUT CERTAINLY NOT A DOWNER...LOL...

I think so many women share your "forever 10 # too heavy" story. YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • NostalgicMuse
    Options
    I'm with you girl..100%. I'm a 38 mother of 3. I want to lose this weight once and for all. I'm requesting you now. :)

Proud to friend you!
    I must get my body (butt is what I really wanted to say) in shape before I have a 3rd! ;) Clock is ticking...LOUD... can you hear that?!
  • NostalgicMuse
    Options
    Oh wow! I've got the same disorder too! Must be something in the water....

I realized I'm not as sexy as I think I am when innocently flirting and it was joked off and suddenly awkward that I would consider flirting.... okay... no idea if that makes sense...... lol ANYWAY.... i got dissed and wasn't used to it. EEEK!!
  • NostalgicMuse
    Options
    I can hear that. I went through a similar phase where i was slowly gaining and when I looked in the mirror was like ehh its not that bad.

Let's agree... When your mom offers to send you some of her clothes... It IS THAT BAD!!
  • NostalgicMuse
    Options
    Hello, just added you! I'm a 40 year old mother of 3. None of my kids are fat. my husband is tall and lean. I'm the only fat one in the house, and tired of it! Even though I don't look as fat/heavy as I actually am. Anyone feel free to add me!

you are beautiful! I can feel your spirit in your message and you have a determination that is going to bring you to your goals. KEEP IT UP!!
  • NostalgicMuse
    Options
    I know what you mean! Good Luck on your weight loss journey! :smile:

You can do it too!!!! Keep tracking and MOVE YOUR BODY!!
  • NostalgicMuse
    Options
    I've just woken up from the same reverse disorder! Workin' on it - very slowly.

Tell me how!!!
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options

Pictures (or sometimes lack of pictures) of your whole body can help to show you how you REALLY look.
    For me, one too many sweet honest little children told me i have a Big Butt. Yeah...major wake up call.

:laugh: EXACTLY! Me too!! Pictures were my push to lose weight. I'm 39 and a Mum of 2 boys. Will send friend request now :drinker: