Belly Fat???

Options
ok, so i carry most of my weight in my upper body, specifically in my tummy. any tips or exercise routines to help get rid of it? thanks!!!

Replies

• Barbellsandthimbles
    Barbellsandthimbles Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Don't think you can target where you lose the fat. Obviously, the more you do ab work the tighter your stomach can get and the flatter it will look. That being said, everything I read says abs are made in the kitchen so diet would be more important than exercise from that standpoint. Eat clean (vegetables, fruit, fresh/whole foods) and try to avoid overly processed items (pre-packaged snacks, etc.).
  • katrina1501
    katrina1501 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i do too, so any advice would be great
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I wish there was a specific exercise for getting rid of the belly :grumble: lol. My advise is to start building muscle. You can't control where you will lose the "fat".

Best of luck on your journey!
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I'm built like an upside down triange... I'll take some tips too please!!
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Unfortunately, there's no such thing as spot reducing, but if you do ab and other stomach work outs, you can firm up the muscles underneath. Just work out and eat a calorie deficit.
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you can't spot reduce. I whole body workout to build muscle is your best bet and some interval training. Circuit training DVDs like Jillian Michals, or just heavy lifting (my preference). I have the same problem and I know it will be the last place I lose the fat.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Just diet & exercise...it will come off in time. You can't spot lose fat. I had the same problem....I still have a little left.

Good luck
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    Leg lifts have worked really well for me and you can do them anywhere there's room to lay on the floor...LOL. I've seen a lot of comments too about how you can't "target" fat loss in specific areas. Just create a calorie deficit and it should begin to shrink. Best of luck to you!
  • Angie_1MR
    Angie_1MR Posts: 247
    Options
    Belly fat is the last, and I mean THE LAST, thing to go!
  • jenbridges
    jenbridges Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    i have heard that you should do all the crunches etc to tone your abs but if you want to see them, you have to do cardio (walking, running, jumping jacks, etc) to get rid of the fat.
  • keithmack88
    Options
    I've lost most of my belly fat through bike riding, my trainer said it strengthens you core. And it cause you to work on your breathing and muscle control, now you gotta do a brisk pace at least 20mph. But it works like heck!!!!
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Core strengthening. Think surfing, slacklining (sooo much fun) even a balance beam. Anything that makes you balance, and tighten all those muclses down your back, sides, and belly.

The best I've found for being effective, and nvere being boring, is 'treego' and 'wilplay' courses, not sure if there are any where you live, but check it out

www.treego.ca and www.wildplay.com
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Core strengthening. Think surfing, slacklining (sooo much fun) even a balance beam. Anything that makes you balance, and tighten all those muclses down your back, sides, and belly.

The best I've found for being effective, and nvere being boring, is 'treego' and 'wildplay' courses, not sure if there are any where you live, but check it out

www.treego.ca and www.wildplay.com

whoops, double post, sorry :)
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    Belly fat is the last, and I mean THE LAST, thing to go!

20 lbs down and hardly 1/4" gone from my belly...FML ='( I'm afraid you are 100% right. It makes me sad..
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    ok, so i carry most of my weight in my upper body, specifically in my tummy. any tips or exercise routines to help get rid of it? thanks!!!

2 ways off the top of my head

A) A weight loss diet which can take a very long time.
    B) lipo suction targeting specifically in your belly fat which can be done instantly.
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    Leg lifts have worked really well for me and you can do them anywhere there's room to lay on the floor...LOL. I've seen a lot of comments too about how you can't "target" fat loss in specific areas. Just create a calorie deficit and it should begin to shrink. Best of luck to you!

I do these! =) Not much belly fat is gone YET, but I can tell a huge difference in those muscles! I try to do about 30.. lifting both legs.. I do flutter kicks to, same thing you just alternate which leg you lift.. If you pick your head up while you do them, you feel a real good burn! =) This is easier that crunches! Doesn't hurt your back.
  • gabyks
    gabyks Posts: 9
    Options
    Though you can't target fat reduction, there is maybe one caveat about belly-fat. Some people claim that excessive cortisol production is linked to an increase in belly fat (cortisol is a stress hormone). I don't know if this is valid or not--others here might have a better idea. However, it certainly can't hurt to reduce stress and get enough sleep (cortisol production is also jacked up by sleep-deprivation).
  • kddham
    kddham Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    What I have read (which sounds logical too) is that FAT is like an onion layers.. it goes laye by layer not from specific area ! Also STACK logic gets applied.. Recent FAT will go First and OLDEST one will be in the end !! This sounds also true as most of the time in Male you can see that the BELLY FAT goes in the end and in FeMale the FAT at hips goes in the end.