Weight loss and relationships...

Options
Anyone else have a spouse/partner/boyfriend who really eats unhealthy and is consistently detrimental to their efforts?

My boyfriend obviously doesn't force me to eat unhealthy but he's having chinese food and Mcdonald's and all this crap and we have to go out of our way to get food for me as well.... SO FRUSTRATING!

Replies

• megandanielle2513
    megandanielle2513 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My bf loves Chinese food, it's hard to watch him scarf it down when I LOVE eggrolls so much. :( I try to eat something I like that's healthy so I'm filling my craving of "tasty food". But it IS frustrating and annoying. He likes his beer too so while he's sipping on a Coors I'm there with water. I totally get you!!
  • rhymeswithfox
    rhymeswithfox Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I agree!!! My boyfriend is a twig and he eats whatever he wants! I try to cook for us and that helps because then I can control how healthy the meal is and I also get to try new recipes. For example, if he cooks he adds tons of butter and salt to everything! When I cook I add low fat cheese, no salt, add more vegetables, etc. I like taking foods that we both enjoy and making healthy versions. Going out to eat... that's another story lol. Often times I'll try to pick vegetarian things or just eat half of what I order.
  • relly1008
    relly1008 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Yes I know, i have to cooking 2 differente meals because of him!!
  • Beautifulina
    Options
    OMG..YES.....Because of my BF (the man that I love so much) I`ve gained weight..When I met him 7 months ago i was about 130...since I`ve been with him, I gained about 30 lbs......I feel so down...Hard to lose weight around him....HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • horses1jessi
    horses1jessi Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Yes.. I feel your pain.. It's hard to be in love with a bad eater. My fiance does not ear veggies.. I just don't get that, I could eat veggies every meal. But like many of you I've had to learn to make two meals and look to my goal.. maybe someday he will come around.. good luck ; )
  • vklebanova
    vklebanova Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Men suck lol!