Need to lose 100+ -- New & looking for friends!

Options
I have a goal of 100+ lbs to lose!
A majority of my friends won't join, so I'm seeking those who are trying to do the same as I am
... Lose weight! Or gain, I'll give you support!
I'm absolutely addicted to this site now and can't wait to add things into my diary when I eat/exercise!
New friends would be nice, thanks! :) - Nat

Replies

• kerrieberry1
    Options
    Hiya,
    I'm new also and need to lose a hundred +as well and am new to the site. Due to injuries from several car accidents in the late 1990's my physical ability is limited to walking and belly dancing exercise dvd's. Before my current and permanent leg injury I could do all of the routines just about . There are 5 or 6 dvd's in the series that I do and they start at absolute beginners and go up to advanced. They are really good and will leave you feeling the burn in muscles you didn't realize you had. They are Bellydance for Beginners: Arms & Abs, Bellydance for Beginners: Basic Moves, Bellydance Fitness for Beginners: Slim Down. The more advanced workouts is a box set of 3 dvds called Discover Bellydance which teaches you all the steps for 3 different dance routines. The instructors are professional bellydancers and twins named Veena and Neena. If you are interested clips of the beginners dvds are on youtube.
    Feel free to add me

:smile: Kerrie
  • pie5412
    pie5412 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Donald and my wife and I are wanting to lose 100+ pounds. We have also become addicted to the site. And the site has also helped me want to exercise alot. If you need support you can add us and we will help what we can. One thing that has helped me is I preplan my meals on here so that I know how many calories I plan to use and then exercise to make sure I burn more than 300 calories a day and try not to eat those back unless I am starving.
  • ultim8fury
    ultim8fury Posts: 42
    Options
    My initial target is 88lb but I'll probably push for another 12 or so after that. Feel free to add me.
  • KristenCook2
    KristenCook2 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Another 100+ loser here! My friend turned me on to this site and I, in turn, talked my sister into joining. We work together & spend all day comparing our progress! Lol! I was very thin into my mid-20's and then started gaining. I've tried over & over again to get healthier but have always fallen off the wagon. This is the most motivated I've been and I'm inspired to keep it going! I'd love to offer & receive motivation! :)

~Kristen
  • jalilley3
    jalilley3 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have decided to lose the weight that I have been carrying around since my daughters birth...my baby fat is almost 9 years old. I just need some moral support. I had back surgery earlier this year and am starting to regain some strength and balance.
  • pamchops58
    pamchops58 Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi there Nat
    Welcome to MFP, I fully agree with you this site is really addictive I go on here more than facebook now HA, HA, Iv'e got just a few more pounds to lose .. & I log in every day ... So, if you wish to add me as a friend please feel free to always good to have someone at hand for comfort &more to the point support hey! :love: bye for now hope to talk soon ..

PAM xxx
  • drummer_lady
    drummer_lady Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm looking to lose 100+ pounds too. I registered here a few months ago but I just recently re-discovered MFP and am getting serious about losing weight. I could use some friends too so feel free to add me!