For The Jillian Michaels "junkies"??

Options
Okay I have already completed 30 day shred and Ripped in 30, and I am in LOVE with her workouts, and results. Up to this point I have just been doing one workout 4-5 days a week. Well, it's summer time, and I am leaving for Mexico in 6 weeks, so wanted to step it up and do 2 workouts daily. I know I am going to do 6 weeks abs, so my question is I need another one to do with it. I need it to be one of the 30 minute DVD's since I am doing them both in the morning, I still need my sleep. :-)
I was thinking the Buns and Thighs or Kickboxing. Recommendations??? I also thought about doing one of those 3 days a week and other 2 days to just kinda mix it up.

Replies

• medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I did Ripped with 6 w 6 p and Killer buns and Killer buns with 6 w 6p. Also combined different levels of Killer buns. Just try different combos and figure it out for yourself. Killer buns workouts are longer then 30, one of them is almost 45 minutes if I remember correctly so do the shortest one. Its a great workout but remember to up the weights as soon as you feel able. If you already did Ripped and 30 ds you should be in pretty good shape, just step it up!
  • Mist1981
    Mist1981 Posts: 145
    Options
    Thanks girls. That's what I am trying to do. I know the 6 weeks will help with my abs, they are tone but now I want them even more cut. Still struggling with thighs, hips, and booty though. LOL
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I did Ripped with 6 w 6 p and Killer buns and Killer buns with 6 w 6p. Also combined different levels of Killer buns. Just try different combos and figure it out for yourself. Killer buns workouts are longer then 30, one of them is almost 45 minutes if I remember correctly so do the shortest one. Its a great workout but remember to up the weights as soon as you feel able. If you already did Ripped and 30 ds you should be in pretty good shape, just step it up!

I am thinking about doing RI30 with 6 wk 6 pack too. Did you alternate days or do both workouts in the same day?
  • cari4jc1
    cari4jc1 Posts: 233
    Options
    You could throw her Yoga Meltdown workouts in there too or the Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. BFBM is about 40-45 minutes though I think. I'm currently obsessed with Extreme Shed & Shred. There are 2 levels and they are both about 30-40 minutes.
  • rachaela06
    rachaela06 Posts: 167
    Options
    Love Extreme Shed and Shred. You could just do one level because of time. It has a bunch of different things, yoga, kick boxing, karate, weights, etc. It's a great workout that will get you results.
  • frenchie2727
    frenchie2727 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I had to laugh at the title of your post, because I am definitely a Jillian "junkie". Last night my daughter said, "You and Jillian are getting to be pretty good friends, huh?" I said, "Why, because we spend so much time together? I spend time with her, she doesn't spend time with me!".

I do a Jillian video 5 days a week, sometimes 2/day, I can NOT do the same video every day. I love that they're under 40 minutes and work me out hard. The only one I haven't tried yet is Killer Buns and Thighs, but from what I've heard about it I think that one would be good for what you're trying to achieve.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Okay I have already completed 30 day shred and Ripped in 30, and I am in LOVE with her workouts, and results. Up to this point I have just been doing one workout 4-5 days a week. Well, it's summer time, and I am leaving for Mexico in 6 weeks, so wanted to step it up and do 2 workouts daily. I know I am going to do 6 weeks abs, so my question is I need another one to do with it. I need it to be one of the 30 minute DVD's since I am doing them both in the morning, I still need my sleep. :-)
    I was thinking the Buns and Thighs or Kickboxing. Recommendations??? I also thought about doing one of those 3 days a week and other 2 days to just kinda mix it up.

Killer buns and thighs, LOVE it and did both of those dvds together
  • mminter22
    mminter22 Posts: 29
    Options
    Jillians kettlebell workout is great it has alot of the same moves you do in the ripped in30 but you are using the kettlebell! Great for abs and all over workout!
  • Myndi73
    Myndi73 Posts: 270
    Options
    Bump
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Love Extreme Shed and Shred. You could just do one level because of time. It has a bunch of different things, yoga, kick boxing, karate, weights, etc. It's a great workout that will get you results.

This! It's my new favorite!!!
  • medoria
    Options

I am thinking about doing RI30 with 6 wk 6 pack too. Did you alternate days or do both workouts in the same day?

Yes what I did was first combining Ripped with Killer buns, each level with each other, also did this with 6 w 6 p and this way I figured doing week two of 6 w 6 p with second one of Killer buns was to much, doing second week of Killer buns with third of Killer buns is also to much. Then when I finally figured out what would work for me, I combined Ripped and Killers one week, then 6 w 6 p and Killer buns and then Killer buns + killer buns. Ive done so many combos of JM dvds its hard for me to keep track. I would generally say start with RI or 6 w 6p and then do Killer buns as the second workout or your legs will die.
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    No More Trouble Zones is great! Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is also great!

One of my faves is "Shred it With Weights" gotta get some kettlebells, but its a great workout for your but/hamstrings!
  • Mist1981
    Mist1981 Posts: 145
    Options
    Man now I am all confused. Hahahaha..... I know 6w 6p for sure, but still trying to decide on stupid video for my butt, and thighs! Arms and calves are good. Butt and thighs, not so much! I hate feeling the jiggle when I walk. Hahaha..
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Her Power Yoga DVD is my fave. $8 at Target.
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I'm doing No more Trouble Zones and Burn Fat Boost Metabolism 6x a week. They are killer but I am definitely getting results! Since they are both set up for circuit you could choose just to do a few circuits and not the whole 45-50 minutes. But honestly I can't imagine doing that, I feel so accomplished when I get through the whole sweaty thing :) probably Killer Buns is what you want, I haven't tried it.....yet. I love Jillian
  • medoria
    Options
    I would go for 6 w 6 p and Killer buns or 6 w 6 p and No more trouble zones.
    NMTZ is heavy and I really dont see the need to combine it, do it really heavy instead and it will work wonders.