Turbo Fire Firestarter...who's done it?

Options
Amy_B
Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
I don't have the complete set, but I did see that Firestarter is online. So, I did it last night. It's no joke!!! I really like it actually. It's different, but I did get in a good workout.

What do you all think? Anyone doing the HIITs yet?

Replies

• Eve1972
    Eve1972 Posts: 297
    Options
    Where did you see it online?
  • Amy_B
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss, BTW!
  • Eve1972
    Eve1972 Posts: 297
    Options
    Thank you!! :D
  • reshapemariah21
    reshapemariah21 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the link, I was also thinking about starting TF when I finish Chalean Extreme so this is very helpful. :smile:
  • Amy_B
    Options
    You're welcome! I love TF!
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    I have the TurboFire Fire Starter set. I LOVE it. Nice low impact for my knees but still a high intensity workout. The music is wonderfully upbeat like Chalene always gives us. Ahhh....I am in love with this set.
    I made a 5min video of me doing the Fire Starter workout if you are interest in viewing it. Here is the link.
    My FIRE STARTER video, check it out at http://youtu.be/zznmI-d3rMc0
    Highly recommend this set!
  • pgp90xer
    pgp90xer Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    My wife got Turbo Fire a little while ago but is finding it too hard to do and follow. She just heard of the Fire Starter and thought it was a great idea just too bad they didn't come out with the easier one first!

Thanks for the link!
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    My wife got Turbo Fire a little while ago but is finding it too hard to do and follow. She just heard of the Fire Starter and thought it was a great idea just too bad they didn't come out with the easier one first!

Thanks for the link!

pgp90xer:
    You know your wife might want to check out Turbo Jam. It is also by the same instructor (Chalene Johnson) and available thru beachbody for I think$60.00. It is also upbeat and FUN like Turbo Fire however it is more of a beginners workout program so it is a lot less impact and more manageable.
    Just thought I would help. But the Fire Starter may be great for her too, only issue with that is Fire Starter is not a whole program. Its 5 workouts that include cardio, stretch, upper body, lower body, and I forget the other one off hand.
    Hope she keeps on with whatever she decides to use. Keeping moving is the key! :)
  • chargers8709
    chargers8709 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I just received the new Turbo Fire DVDs. This morning I did the
    Fire Starter class and it was harder than I thought. I guess I was
    expecting slower meant easier...not true! I will definitely work this
    into my Turbo Fire rotation.
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options

Thanks for the link!

pgp90xer:
    You know your wife might want to check out Turbo Jam. It is also by the same instructor (Chalene Johnson) and available thru beachbody for I think$60.00. It is also upbeat and FUN like Turbo Fire however it is more of a beginners workout program so it is a lot less impact and more manageable.
    Just thought I would help. But the Fire Starter may be great for her too, only issue with that is Fire Starter is not a whole program. Its 5 workouts that include cardio, stretch, upper body, lower body, and I forget the other one off hand.
    Hope she keeps on with whatever she decides to use. Keeping moving is the key! :)

The Fire Starter Pack I received was the low-impact one. It only has 2 DVDs and a total of five workouts. One DVD has two beginner's workouts and the 10-minute stretch. The other DVD has a 20-minute HIIT (really 18 minutes), a 25-minute HIIT (really 22 minutes) and the same 10-minute stretch as the first DVD. The only routines I do are the HIITs. Personally, I prefer Turbo Jam's Cardio Parties to the Turbo Fire classes in this set.

Is there another set that has the upper/lower routines? I'd really like to buy it if it's available as a separate set.
  • mrau719
    mrau719 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    doing it now! love it-coming from someone who gets bored with cardio--this keeps me interested!
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options
    I love the TurboFire Fire Starter low impact set I have. Even though I only do the two HIIT workouts, I'm still thrilled with my purchase and plan to buy the full set in the near future. I started with Turbo Jam which I've been doing for a while now, so it was pretty easy for me to pick up the moves quickly. I absolutely love the HIITs. They are challenging and fun, and I have so much energy on the days that I do them. I work out in the morning and the energy boost lasts most of the day.

I would recommend that anyone who is having trouble with Turbo Fire and is getting discouraged: Don't give up! You can get a used copy of Turbo Jam's "5 Rockin' Workouts" on Amazon for a very good price. It includes the "Learn and Burn" and "20-Minute" workouts which will get you ready for Turbo Fire. Trust me, it's the most fun cardio you'll ever find.
  • MaiLuv12
    MaiLuv12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I did Turbofire last spring and I LOVED it!! The workouts were fun once you learned her key words for certain moves and the music is awesome. I never wanted to skip a workout. I did a TF/Chalean Extreme hybrid after that and did very well. Since I had surgery in December, I'm just now getting back into working out regularly with Turbo Jam. Same instructor, a little older series, but it's a little easier to pick up the moves (or maybe that's because I did TF for so long). I love it too, but can't wait until I'm fully recovered so I can get back to the HIITs in TF and start serious strength training again!
  • pjsmom2010
    pjsmom2010 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have the TurboFire Fire Starter set. I LOVE it. Nice low impact for my knees but still a high intensity workout. The music is wonderfully upbeat like Chalene always gives us. Ahhh....I am in love with this set.
    I made a 5min video of me doing the Fire Starter workout if you are interest in viewing it. Here is the link.
    My FIRE STARTER video, check it out at http://youtu.be/zznmI-d3rMc0
    Highly recommend this set!

Said video is unavail. :(
  • Monisfit4life
    Monisfit4life Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I ordered it awhile ago, but I just started doing it last week. I really do like it. I had a HUGE calorie burn like the high-impact Turbofire HIITs and my knees have been thanking me for it. Its awesome.
  • tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Options
    I just got Turbo Fire. Did the fire starter class. My first thought. That was the starter class? I thought I was going to die. No water breaks or anything. Now I am scared of the other workouts.
  • Amy_B
    Options
    That's what I noticed about Firestarter also...no breaks! I like the longer TF cardio workouts because of the breaks after the fire drills. I do just sneak in water here and there during "starter."
  • enyo123
    enyo123 Posts: 172 Member
    Options

Thanks for the link!

Turbo Fire seems to be Turbo Jam on steroids. I'd suggest that she start out with TJ if TF is too much. And if that's still too much, slow it down if your player lets you. My husband started out doing TJ at half speed (played on our computer), and worked his way up to full speed.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options

Thanks for the link!

pgp90xer:

http://healthysexyhappy.tumblr.com/moveyourassnow

Your wife can also get Turbojam for free online right there :-)