LOSING IT.... seriously. :|

Options
2»

Replies

• godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i have that thought too.

i went to a wedding in a size 14 dress (i'm only 5 foot) and was like 'i look goooood'. lol. then my sister-in-law (who is 5'5) showed up in a size 2 dress. *she* is the one who looked good. seriously GOOD. in my head i have always been the thinner one, even when i wasn't.

ah, the power of the brain. thank God for pictures that tell the truth.
  • littlechaka
    Options
    SERIOUSLY!!! My celebrity look-a-like just lost 60 lbs. I used to hate the resemblence (and would get angry when someone said "do you know u look like...") but now seeing her (one of my posted pics)... I welcome the compliment.

My journey is one of many women, although not a mother YET, I need the accomplishment, health, confidence and just to look damn good in my clothes. Doing it now will encourage me to continue after giving birth.

Looking forward to chatting and venting with you all! Lets do it.
  • mangobadango
    mangobadango Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Yup, I'm definitely the reverse type. I think I look thin.

Feel free to add me. I'm on every day and most days post some sort of a status update. I figure I can't have too many friends, just gotta learn to keep them straight.
  • jennstevens21
    jennstevens21 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have thought that until i saw pics of me one day and also just comparing my weight to other people that weigh the same amount. Feel free to add me.
  • scientistalicea
    Options
    I never thought I looked bad, and always had a pretty healthy sense of self esteem. Only in the last year did I really and truly embrace the weight loss regime. I've lost a fair amount of weight and still have a little to go. I'm looking to help encourage those who need/want it and maybe impart some of humor and lessons learned.

Game on weight loss, I'm gonna own you.
  • tris2002
    tris2002 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    pick me i fit in with this mystery disorder too! I would put on my clothes and heels and think i look good for being a mom and just having a baby. Or get all dressed up to go out with my size 2 and size 5 sisters well lets just say when those photos were developed i wanted to run to the hills my size 14 self looked huge next to their tiny butts. So i've been doing something about it and have lost 22lbs and am down to a size 10. I look awesome i thought till my sisters recent babyshower and again seeing the "adorable" pictures of us all dressed in the same outfit :ohwell: while i do look better i have a lot to do to look awesome-at least another 20lbs
  • NostalgicMuse
    NostalgicMuse Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    i have that thought too.

i went to a wedding in a size 14 dress (i'm only 5 foot) and was like 'i look goooood'. lol. then my sister-in-law (who is 5'5) showed up in a size 2 dress. *she* is the one who looked good. seriously GOOD. in my head i have always been the thinner one, even when i wasn't.

ah, the power of the brain. thank God for pictures that tell the truth.

oh man.... lol I love this testimonial!!! Work with me here! Really... work out! Keep me thinking and keep me moving so WE can be the girls who look SERIOUSLY GOOD
  • NostalgicMuse
    Options
    I never thought I looked bad, and always had a pretty healthy sense of self esteem. Only in the last year did I really and truly embrace the weight loss regime. I've lost a fair amount of weight and still have a little to go. I'm looking to help encourage those who need/want it and maybe impart some of humor and lessons learned.

Game on weight loss, I'm gonna own you.
    Now THIS is the attitude i like! I am in control of my body. No longer is this BLOB going to eat at my health and goals and self esteem! BE GONE WITH YOU! :D
  • NostalgicMuse
    Options
    pick me i fit in with this mystery disorder too! I would put on my clothes and heels and think i look good for being a mom and just having a baby. Or get all dressed up to go out with my size 2 and size 5 sisters well lets just say when those photos were developed i wanted to run to the hills my size 14 self looked huge next to their tiny butts. So i've been doing something about it and have lost 22lbs and am down to a size 10. I look awesome i thought till my sisters recent babyshower and again seeing the "adorable" pictures of us all dressed in the same outfit :ohwell: while i do look better i have a lot to do to look awesome-at least another 20lbs

oh dear.... I just have one piece of advise I'll share right now... DO NOT dress in the same outfit as anyone unless in a wedding and it's mandatory..... just BE YOU. Stand out in YOUR WAY. make it impossible for people to point you out as the "big girl". Be the girl with all the personality and great smile! LOVE your honesty and vulnerability. KEEP DOING YOU!
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I was the one who thought "I look better with a little meat on my bones!" Or my favorite, "I'm slightly rounded for my husband's protection." Even he would say that he's a carnivore not a scavenger, so he liked me chunky. Well, I am a 39 year old mom of 4 and 5 year old boys, and after losing my father at a very young age to a massive heart attack (he was 38), I decided that my goal had to be to be around for my boys as long as possible. Life is too short to hate being in my own skin, so I owe this to me and to my family to be happier and healthier. I workout and log religiously, so feel free to add me as a friend!
  • simplyliving
    Options
    I didn't think I looked that bad either until I took a dreaded picture of myself. Uggggh!!

I will add you as well. :)
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm a 36 yr old mother of 2, with a sense of humor! :)