To all who replied to do you eat fruit

Options
I count all my fruit. I started thread as mate of mine said ya dint need to and i said she was wrong and ya have to count fruit. Ya proved me CORRECT :) She laughs at me when i put a orange in my dairy I say if i bite it i write it

Replies

• littleblonde200
    Options
    i love that. I bite it i write it, I count my fruit as well
  • siriusalien
    siriusalien Posts: 207
    Options
    Fruit has calories-simple fact!! and a boat load of sugar.. So yes, if you bite it log it
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    log it!!!! Its contributes to your daily caloric intake - and high in sugar!
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I log all my fruits and veggies. Spices too usually. A calorie is a calorie.
  • Bmjnash
    Bmjnash Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I never heard that one. But I agree. Log it. I log everything. Even things tjat are 0 cal.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I count and weigh all my fruit especially if I'm chucking it into a smoothie.
  • mang9785
    mang9785 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    It makes sense and great slogan. I even log bottle water that I drink!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    A banana can have 100 calories. That's a lot not to count. Is your friend doing Weight Watchers, by any chance?
  • Will_Lift_4_Shoes
    Will_Lift_4_Shoes Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I log it all...individual peices of gum to spices. I am in the "a calorie is a calorie" group. I want to know what everything is costing me so I know if I need to work harder that night at my work out or if I did ok and can maybe take a night off. If you bite it, you write it. Love it!
  • womanathewell
    womanathewell Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My daughter said ww does not have you count fresh fruit but I do.
  • stevenaujla
    stevenaujla Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    fruit for sure, but spices? no most are calorie free
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Oh good, since the other thread only got 100+ replies. :ohwell:
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I log the logs I produce from eating fruit.
  • SVallatini
    SVallatini Posts: 49
    Options
    Not all fruits are high in sugar! I ate 1/2 cup of raspberries and it only had 3 grams of sugar. But, yes log it in because it will keep track of the nutrional value such as vitamin c and other nutrients, plus the calories.
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I log the logs I produce from eating fruit.

lulz.

it would be silly not to log fruit, one little plum is like 50 cals... even veggie cals add up FAST

i can easily eat 200 cals of broccoli and cauli, why wouldn't you log that??
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    My daughter said ww does not have you count fresh fruit but I do.

The WW formula assumes a certain number of calories for fruits and veggies, so that's why they don't have to be counted. MFP doesn't do that.
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    If you eat it and it has calories (which everything does mostly unless its water) log it!! :smile: :wink: :laugh: