What do you do???

steamyhott
steamyhott Posts: 71 Member
What do you do when your family and friends provide food that isn't for you?

How do you adapt your life style change to those who have yet or don't want to change?

These are issues that I deal with on a day to day basis. I don't go to my parents’ house that much because of the food they eat or have laying around. This is a life style change for my 14 year old as well. I have let my 14 year old follow my footsteps and I have a 17 month old and I am doing right this time.

My friends are supportive with the eating but they always want to “knock a few back”. My friend goes to the gym with me and will eat healthy, only to fit in a dress at the end of the month. What’s the point of that? She doesn’t even have to pay for working out I pay the extra 20 a month for my son to go and one extra person every time unlimited. Her husband wont even go. It's just frusturating hearing them B***h about their gut and do nothing.

Anyways just wondering how you all handle these situations.

Replies

• StayMe
    StayMe Posts: 12 Member
    i had a terrible headache yesterday and could not post here, but have thought about this many times through out the night :)

I am thinking start off by telling them that you appreciate them wanting to do nice things for you, but that unhealthy food is No Longer NICE and that if they would like to continue to make you things, that would be great, but here is a LIST of things that you are ALLOWED to eat:

Meats Grilled or baked or Broiled
    Fruits ( a fruit sald would be great)
    Veggies ( no sauces or dips on the side)
    Etc

just make your list and give it to them politely and tell them that you are SERIOUS about getting healthy.

I have the same problem with my mom when we visit her. She went and got donuts for breakfast while we were all still sleeping...lol....she just didnt think about it not beingsomething I could eat. So, next time we visit I am taking my own food :) she doesnt do it being mean she just didnt think about.

As far as the friends, just keep doing what you are doing and hope that you will be an inspiration to them all! I just ignore those kinds of people usually but they do get to me sometimes and I get frustrated.
  • steamyhott
    steamyhott Posts: 71 Member
    Thank you for your thoughts.

Yeah I have told my parents how serious I am and they see the fat loss and the change metally emotionally and physically. However my stepmom says I can't eat like that everyday. I have to allow myself some bad things. I just told her that right now I am not at the point mentally i can't take a chance a loosing control (in a sense). I do treat myself but its in ways that are still heatlhy for me and I don't over do it.

To me yogart is desert for fruit. I do have 100 calorie slim fast bars which are great and they hit that sweet spot.

I see that it's just not a battle with myself it's a battle with others as well.
  • StayMe
    StayMe Posts: 12 Member
    maybe make a deal with her to make you those BAD things as she calls them when you reach a goal point.....like every 10-15 lbs, then you get a TREAT day and get to eat something that is totally forbiddin. If she agrees then she would become part of your progress instead of a hinderance!