New York Style cheesecake?

Options
Does anyone know a really good recipe of a new york style cheesecake....i'm 90 percent sure its baked :tongue:

feel free to share :)

Replies

• Goldenhuman99
    Options
    Any style cheesecake is good in my book! YUMMO!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Any style cheesecake is good in my book! YUMMO!

This!
  • jlcl119
    jlcl119 Posts: 51
    Options
    This is a calorie bomb, but it's also cheesecake perfection: http://smittenkitchen.com/2010/04/new-york-cheesecake/

I love this, and I'm probably the biggest cheesecake snob in the universe.
  • pinktoesjb
    pinktoesjb Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    do you mean a diet happy one or just a general one? Gordon Ramsay makes the best full on one I think, just google it but it's sort of evil in the calorie stakes.
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    If you click on the search button you can search for a topic on this. I did it yesterday and several came up. I on the other hand am looking for a low cal/fat key lime cheesecake or pie to make for Father's Day and didn't find what I was looking for. Thinking of mixing FF Cool Whip with Key Lime Jello mix and LF Cream Cheese. Placing in a Graham Cracker Crust and chilling. Any other ideas would be awesome.
  • HeatherLeahxx
    HeatherLeahxx Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    do you mean a diet happy one or just a general one? Gordon Ramsay makes the best full on one I think, just google it but it's sort of evil in the calorie stakes.

A general one :) Fook the calories....teehee
  • pinktoesjb
    pinktoesjb Posts: 302 Member
    Options

A general one :) Fook the calories....teehee

Ok:

Smash up 150g digestive biscuits, then add 60g melted butter and 15g ground almonds. Pack this tightly into the bottom of a cake tin, put in the oven 170 centigrade for 12 minutes, then take out and set aside.

In a big bowl combine 150g caster sugar, 250ml creme fraiche (or soured cream but i prefer with cf), 600g cream cheese, 2 eggs and a teaspoon of vanilla extract. When it's really well mixed, pour into the tin over the base.

Melt a small amount of dark chocolate and drizzle it over the top in little criss cross patterns. Or a total mess of squiggly lines, whatever you like!

Drop oven temp to 140 degrees, put it in and bake for 30 minutes. Turn the oven off, but leave it in there to cool for a couple of hours as this helps it not to crack too much as it cools down. Then refigerate. Then nom nom nom nom.

Then go for a really long run!
  • erinw1011
    erinw1011 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    If you click on the search button you can search for a topic on this. I did it yesterday and several came up. I on the other hand am looking for a low cal/fat key lime cheesecake or pie to make for Father's Day and didn't find what I was looking for. Thinking of mixing FF Cool Whip with Key Lime Jello mix and LF Cream Cheese. Placing in a Graham Cracker Crust and chilling. Any other ideas would be awesome.

Recipe from Pinterest!

http://www.bhg.com/recipe/desserts/key-lime-cheesecake-bars/
  • rowlandk
    rowlandk Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Edit: Meant to reply to: If you click on the search button you can search for a topic on this. I did it yesterday and several came up. I on the other hand am looking for a low cal/fat key lime cheesecake or pie to make for Father's Day and didn't find what I was looking for. Thinking of mixing FF Cool Whip with Key Lime Jello mix and LF Cream Cheese. Placing in a Graham Cracker Crust and chilling. Any other ideas would be awesome.

I personally love Key Lime Oikos greek yogurt. I've always said it tastes just like key lime pie. I think it would be a pretty good amount of protein and lower calories if you used something like that in a graham cracker crust and chilled it? Just an idea and I'm by no means Betty Crocker ;)
  • TONYAGOOCH
    Options
    Thank you I will check it out.
  • TONYAGOOCH
    Options
    Believe me I'm not either. lol That's not a bad idea though.
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    My mother literally mixes cream cheese with canned pie filling (usually lemon, but I am sure you could use a key lime variation), and bakes it in a premade pie shell until its firm. Everyone seems to love it!
  • TJtastic
    TJtastic Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    :love:
  • paint_it_black
    paint_it_black Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    This is a calorie bomb, but it's also cheesecake perfection: http://smittenkitchen.com/2010/04/new-york-cheesecake/

I love this, and I'm probably the biggest cheesecake snob in the universe.

Food p0rn, and I WILL be making this as next months treat cake