Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Guilty As Charged

Have you ever caught yourself looking into the cart of the overweight shoppers at the food market? Do you judge them based on their food choices? I am so guilt of that...even being overweight myself. :embarassed:

Replies

• Urzu07
    Urzu07 Posts: 39
    I shop for groceries often, so it's a given that I see other folks choices of foods in their carts as well. While I don't judge them by what they put into their carts, I do find it disappointing that some folks are not into eating clean and healthy, choosing instead to spend money on foods which only brings their health down.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,247 Member
    Have you ever caught yourself looking into the cart of the overweight shoppers at the food market? Do you judge them based on their food choices? I am so guilt of that...even being overweight myself. :embarassed:

No, I order my grub online and get it delivered. Sod pushing that cart around Asda when their lorry can deliver to me.
  • gumigal82
    gumigal82 Posts: 350
    i think everyone peeks into carts once and awhile;)
  • vice1989
    vice1989 Posts: 34 Member
    I do ! I shake my head in walmart line ups alot. some peoples carts are just full of garbage and flats of diet pop LOL, like people think that you can just drink all the diet pop you want and eat junk food and youll lose weight or something.
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    I always look into other peoples carts while I'm grocery shopping and usually shake my head or cringe at what they buy. I used to buy the same things as them so it brings me back a bit. I also notice people looking into my cart and seeming perplexed by the ratio of fresh produce to boxed goods.
  • redscylla
    redscylla Posts: 211 Member
    I usually only cringe when it's a person with kids and the cart is full of junk food. I don't care if adults want to make terrible food choices for themselves, but I hate to see kids being taught to eat that way.
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    I honestly don't, however, I saw some Amish folks in my local grocery store a few days ago, and got nosey. I saw one Amish guy headed out the door with a big carton of Coors Light. I don't know why that surprised me, but it did.

The couple shopping together had mostly staples, milk, flour, fruits and veggies, but also a dozen 2-liters of soda, and some Doritos and other junk. None of them were what I'd call skinny, or obese, maybe the high side of normal.

But, usually I'm a get in and get out with what's on my list, guy.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,717 Member
    I glance in other people's carts but I don't judge them on what they're buying. But, then again, I'm the person you people would be judging too when you don't know I buy all my good for me food at one grocery store and the crap food I have no desire to give up from another.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    I look to get some ideas of what to buy
  • suerun11
    suerun11 Posts: 136 Member
    I did the opposite today! I saw this very inshape person with workout clothes on...I kept trying to sneak a peek! They had refried beans, chips and beer! LOL There went that idea!!!!