Dream Interpretation

Options
Chantal34
Chantal34 Posts: 128
Hi everyone. I don't usually start threads on here but I would appreciate some unbiased feedback. I have had a recurring dream for years now and I don't know what it means. I dream that I am swallowing poison. The dream is so intense that I get night terrors from it. I will wake up in a panic like I am going to die. In a few seconds I realize it was just a dream and then go back to sleep. I just want to know why I keep having this dream.

Replies

• FollowThatUnicorn
    FollowThatUnicorn Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    How are you swallowing it? Are you doing it by choice? Is someone forcing you to do it? Do you die/get sick? Or are there no consequences?

Is there a particular relationship or situation in your life that is difficult?

Is there an issue that has been plaguing you?

Is your work or home life poisioned?

If you drink it and nothing happens, it could mean that you wish you were more assertive and spontaneous in real life. Or it could mean you wish you could do things with no harm to others or with no consequences. Especially if there is someone watching you drink it in your dream.

If you are doing it by choice, it does not necessarily mean you want to harm yourself. It could mean you are feeling pressured by work, a relationship, family. Or it could signify that something you are doing in your life is self destructive.
  • Chantal34
    Chantal34 Posts: 128
    Options
    Im doing it by choice, even though I know it could kill me. I got out of a bad marriage almost a year ago and Im also making some other changes in my life. This dream has been ongoing for years now though. Your reasonings do make sense.
  • chase9999
    chase9999 Posts: 2
    Options
    It sounds like you are regretting a choice. I took this from a dictionary website. Maybe it will provide some insight.

"To dream of poison represents situations, patterns, or people that contaminate our sense of self. Emotional toxicity from interacting with people or situations that are incompatible with you. Any type of exposure to energy that is antithetical to your own, or violates your principles.

Real life situations that may encourage a dream with poison may be time spent with "warped" family members or when introverts are forced to socialize with extroverts" [Source: DreamBible.com]

What others changes in your life are you making? And have you done anything that you might regret? If the dream is recurring it may be a sign that you keep doing something that you regret later?
  • Dreamerryu27
    Dreamerryu27 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. What else can you describe? Do you remember what your wearing? Who else is around? What do the surroundings look like? When you wake up do you notice what time it is?