Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Help Please

Can someone look at my diary for today and see if I have things in line for consuming the right amount of calories and netting the right amount of calories etc. My TDEE - 15% is 2196 calories.

Replies

• Urzu07
    Urzu07 Posts: 39
    Your sodium is too high, for starters. The recommended sodium intake daily is 2,300-2,500. I see that it is mainly coming from your Teriyaki Sauce, which I doubt offers any nutritional benefits either.

Are you trying to lose weight, maintain, or gain weight? Looking at what your calories totaled for today, you're most likely gaining weight. The fiber amount is pretty low as well, as I'd recommend aiming for 24-30g of fiber daily.

I'd advise taking out the Edo Japan items from your diet, as they don't seem to be ideal for you, especially if your goal is to lose weight, as there are much better options out there instead.
  • Urzu07
    This is by trial and error, but a good way to get started if you're looking into losing weight, is to take your body weight and multiply it by 13, to see the amount of calories you'll need to take in daily, then change the options in MyFitnessPal so that 40% of your calories come from carbs, the other 40% from protein, and the remaining 20% from healthy fats. Re-evaluate your progress every 1-2 weeks, and see how that goes.
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Yup, you are correct, I really messed up on the sodium today. If you look at every other day in my history you will see I watch it carefully as I suffer from hypertension.

I am working on losing weight. I'm half way to my goal.

I was consistantly consuming 1200 calories a day and spending 2 hrs a day exercising and not eating back my exercise calories. It was working but after researching further I am so confused. I really don't know what I should be eating for calories as there is so much confliching advice out ther.

Do I eat my TDEE - 15% with that taking into account 500 calories for exercise. Then if I burn more than 500 I eat them back. All the while I watch to make sure my net is at my BMI or above. I am so confused................
  • Urzu07
    There's all kinds of advice out there, some good and some bad. Overall though, what you were doing was working for you, so keep doing that until it stalls. The main determining factor for losing weight will be creating a caloric deficit by the end of the day. You don't want to eat the calories you burned from exercising, as you should be creating a further deficit, to be able to lose a little more weight safely each week. General rule of thumb for losing weight is that you find your maintenance calories, then eat 20% less than what you calculate, which is ideal for steadily losing weight.