HRM

Options
Just got a Bowflex 10S HRM from my husband for our anniversary. Love the sweet thought (he knew I was looking for a new one and ordered me a cute pink one that I can wear even when not working out instead of leaving in my gym bag), but it's not working properly??

Does anyone else have one of these and find that it works well? I only used it this morning during my TurboFire video and noticed these few things:

1- Have to hit MODE 2 seconds, THEN hold the sensors to get a hr??
2- The Cal was 0.53 kcal?? What is that??? After dripping sweat for an hour??
3- It did not beep to let me know I reached the Max hr for fatburning that I have set even though the alarm mode was on.....

Please give advice if you've ever had this watch??
Thanks!!!!

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    While hubby getting you an HRM is super sweet.. You need to return it.

Strapless HRM's are not accurate at all.. so anything you do get heart rate or calories wise will be inaccurate. Reason being, it only gets a heart rate when you touch it... so if you touch it once, and it reads 90 lets say, and you don't touch it again, it will keep reading 90 and basing the calorie burn off that 90. One with a chest strap though, will constantly read your heart rate and track all changes.. and thus be way more accurate.

Ask hubby for the receipt and swap it out for a Polar.. You'll be much better off.
  • CRichards22
    CRichards22 Posts: 120
    Options
    OK, Thanks a Bunch!!

I've been using a sportline one since jan and take my hr probably every 5 minutes during my workouts...I do turbofire videos, so I start, after warmup, before firedrills, after the firedrills ect....so I know my readings are pretty close and they are pretty much in line with what mfp says. But wanted a cuter one!

The chest strap isn't aggravating?? I've never tried one...might go on a hunt for one soon!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    OK, Thanks a Bunch!!

I've been using a sportline one since jan and take my hr probably every 5 minutes during my workouts...I do turbofire videos, so I start, after warmup, before firedrills, after the firedrills ect....so I know my readings are pretty close and they are pretty much in line with what mfp says. But wanted a cuter one!

The chest strap isn't aggravating?? I've never tried one...might go on a hunt for one soon!

I agree - return it. You need one with a strap.

I have a Polar FT4 and I love it. The chest strap is super comfortable (goes under your ladies, below your bra so you don't even notice it). My watch is pink and I could wear it out and about if I wanted. They have them on Amazon - you might want to take a look there.

Kudos to your hubby - that's super sweet! But yes, swap it out for a different one.
  • CRichards22
    CRichards22 Posts: 120
    Options
    OK, Thanks a Bunch!!

I agree - return it. You need one with a strap.

I have a Polar FT4 and I love it. The chest strap is super comfortable (goes under your ladies, below your bra so you don't even notice it). My watch is pink and I could wear it out and about if I wanted. They have them on Amazon - you might want to take a look there.

Kudos to your hubby - that's super sweet! But yes, swap it out for a different one.

Thanks! I will make the return and take a look on Amazon! Happy Losing ladies!! :-)
  • eemorton
    eemorton Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    LOVE my Polar FT4. I got it at Best Buy