I need help! Am I on track!?

Options
So,
Maybe I am inpatient, or maybe I am not doing things correctly. It has been 2 days shy of a month and I have lost 11 pounds. I feel like I should of lost more by now. I eat my 1200 calories/day strict Monday-Friday, I slack on the weekends, and I work out 5-6 days/week. Is 11LBS a good start for my first month? Should I be doing something differently. I have to eat my big meal at night because I go into work at 6am and I usually have to work through lunch. Should I eat back my exercise calories?

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    So,
    Maybe I am inpatient, or maybe I am not doing things correctly. It has been 2 days shy of a month and I have lost 11 pounds. I feel like I should of lost more by now. I eat my 1200 calories/day strict Monday-Friday, I slack on the weekends, and I work out 5-6 days/week. Is 11LBS a good start for my first month? Should I be doing something differently. I have to eat my big meal at night because I go into work at 6am and I usually have to work through lunch. Should I eat back my exercise calories?

11lbs in a month is pretty fast weight loss.
  • ebeans887
    ebeans887 Posts: 32
    Options
    Is it? I just really expected to lose more being so heavy to start. I see other people lose a lot more in a month and I get pretty jealous.
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    11lbs is a great start
  • ebeans887
    Options
    I always get conflicting answers about eating back exercise calories, anyone eat them all back?
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Im on 4 months and only down 14 soIthink you are doing great ( Idid just get home from a 10 day vacation at an all enclusive though and have not stepped on a scale yet ):blushing: :drinker:
  • jc86
    jc86 Posts: 151
    Options
    You're losing faster than what is considered a healthy rate of weight loss (1-2 lbs per week). You're setting yourself up for disappointment if your expecting to lose more than that every month. You're weight loss will probably slow down in future months.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I'd celebrate!
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    You are kicking asss. Keep on keepin' on................
  • ebeans887
    Options
    Darn :/
    I guess I got a little over zealous, I hope the weight loss does not slow too much, I am quite the inpatient one.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Yes. I've lost all the weight I needed to lose once before and did it eating at a modest deficit. The calorie deficit is created from all the calories you burn doing normal stuff other than exercise. So technically you could lose without exercising at all if you eat 1200 calories. You should eat all your exercise calories back. You may even find you lose faster when you do that and have more energy.
  • jramsey26
    jramsey26 Posts: 1
    Options
    11 pounds is great! I started out at 232 and I lost about 11 pounds that first month. I am 5 months in and down 51 pounds. Keep it up. You have a great start!!!
  • ebeans887
    Options
    Thank you!
    I'll try to eat more of those exercise calories back, I have been under calorie goal every weekday.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it really is fast!...........I'd totally be happy with that, lol. :laugh:

First step, eat right 7 days a week. :wink:

• MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I always get conflicting answers about eating back exercise calories, anyone eat them all back?

Eat half of them back and see how it goes for you. I used to not eat it back but than weight loss strated slowing down so I started eating them back and my weight loss sped back up :) If you aren't sure, just eat half of them. Also if you are not using a HRM than I would not trust MFP calories burned, I would trust about half of it.

And yes 11lbs is a fantastic start, some people who are heavy only lose 5lbs in first month, so you should be happy with what you've lost :)
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    11 pounds is awesome!!!!!
  • ebeans887
    Options
    lol. I know. I get really off track on the weekends though, mostly just on Friday nights.
  • Vanessadk0604
    Options
    Your doing GREAT!!!! you are losing about 2.5 lbs a week!!!! Thats amazing i wish i could do that.

I've been on here for 145 days and have lost 24 lbs.

I understand that it may not seem like a lot or that you should be losing it quicker but your doing something right :-D you go girl!!!!
  • Prudiddy
    Prudiddy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    OMGoodness! You are doing excellent! It took me 1 1/2 months to lose 12 lbs. Now it is 4 days shy of 3 months and I am looking forward to hitting 20+ lbs lost. We do have to be patient. The weight drops fast and then slow at different times. Keep it up though, the weight will come off in no time with consistency, dedication and hard work, and don't forget the right eating habits.
    Good luck and keep a positive attitude.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    So,

you are iMpatient... I started out just 2 pounds less than you. It took me 3 MONTHS of busting butt at the gym and watching what I eat to lose 7 pounds. I tweaked my diet a month ago and have *only* lost 9.8 pounds in a little over 5 weeks.
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    If you didn't slack off on weekends, you probably would have lost more, faster.. Its been almost 5 weeks for me, I've lost 20 so far.. I have only had one cheat day though and I've worked out just about everyday. There has been a few days where I didn't do much. You've still done Very well! =) 11 lbs is good for a month.