30DS and gaining weight!?

Options
ever since I started the 30DS I have put on weight and my pants are tighter in my butt and thighs mostly and ive NEVER had those as problem areas! anyone else experience this? I am so frustrated!

Replies

• MNchick
    MNchick Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    How many days in are you?

For what it is worth, a few years back when I got my butt in gear...I was running 3-4 days a week in addition to working with a personal trainer 2-3 times a week, and for a bit I had the same problem...like I was building muscle under the layers of fat, faster than I was burning the fat off...but it resolved itself after a few weeks

I'd keep on trucking with it, because I'm starting the 30DS next week!
  • sam2674
    sam2674 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    ever since I started the 30DS I have put on weight and my pants are tighter in my butt and thighs mostly and ive NEVER had those as problem areas! anyone else experience this? I am so frustrated!

I'm experiencing that same problem! I'm on level 2 Day 12. I've gained a pound and my pants feel tighter in the thigh area. Not sure if I'm losing inches, too afraid to measure myself! I even walk the treadmill everyday, so I'm not sure why I'm not losing any weight
  • sam2674
    sam2674 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
  • jenschnack
    jenschnack Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Wear a HRM when you are doing 30DS. I bet you don't burn as much as you think.
    Also you gain water weight to repair muscles. If you took a week off 30DS you would probably lose the water.
  • AnnaYESiCANdoIT
    AnnaYESiCANdoIT Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    How many days in are you?

For what it is worth, a few years back when I got my butt in gear...I was running 3-4 days a week in addition to working with a personal trainer 2-3 times a week, and for a bit I had the same problem...like I was building muscle under the layers of fat, faster than I was burning the fat off...

I'd keep on trucking with it, because I'm starting the 30DS next week!

thanks! i started a cple weeks ago but have been out of town a cple wknds and wasnt doing it more than 3-4days a week so this week im going to do it everyday, plus I do cardio everyday as well. I think ill switch to level 2 on monday :)
  • Brownie80
    Brownie80 Posts: 1
    Options
    what is the 30DS?
  • AnnaYESiCANdoIT
    Options
    Wear a HRM when you are doing 30DS. I bet you don't burn as much as you think.
    Also you gain water weight to repair muscles. If you took a week off 30DS you would probably lose the water.

I do wear a HRM during it and i burn 170-185 cals on level one right now.
  • ajoy1332
    ajoy1332 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    When I first started it I gained 4 lbs!! I was so discouraged, but it does come off..I've now lost that 4 lbs and hopefully will continue to lose more!! Just stick with it and i'm sure you will see results! :smile:
  • nancy077
    nancy077 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just joined MFP a week and a half ago and just jumped on the boards for the first time. What is 30DS?
  • relly1008
    relly1008 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Just joined MFP a week and a half ago and just jumped on the boards for the first time. What is 30DS?

30 day shred Jillian Michaels
  • AnnaYESiCANdoIT
    Options
    30DS is The 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels workout video.
  • naomibabes3
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm on Day 15 today of the 30DS so just into level 2 but I seem to be really struggling to push myself, I've been doing it every day and eating within 1300 cals but since the weekend (started level 2 on saturday) i've put 4lbs on somehow! I had lost 5lbs from doing it so now I'm feeling really disheartened! The thing I'm really struggling with is the planking position exercises, I can barely hold myself up for 30 seconds never mind whilst doing planking jacks! Any tips or words of encouragement would be much appreciated as I feel like giving up at the minute and I promised myself I'd make it through the 30 days!

Thanks!