Adding P90X exercise to my app

Options
mang9785
mang9785 Posts: 162 Member
I don't know if this has been asked before. I find it hard to log the calories I burn when using P90x cardio exercises like plyometrics, kenpo etc. I understand the strength training exercises are hard to gauge. Has anyone been successful at adding any P90x cardio workouts? Please share. Thanks

Replies

• jeanie_champlain
    Options
    Ive been having the same problem. I put the plyometrics in under aerobics, the kenpo as boxing or martial arts, core synergenics as calesthenics, the strenghts training as push ups and pull ups. So far I cant get the calories burned to show up when i put in the reps for the strength training,so i combine it with push ups, sit ups or pull ups. I dont know if the calories burned are the same, but it gives me an idea of what I did. Hope this helps. If you find a way to add them, please let me know too.
  • Smudar
    Smudar Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I use this website http://p90xcalories.com/. I don't know how accurate it is but it works for me.
  • TexasGolfPro
    TexasGolfPro Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use a heartrate monitor to determine my average heartrate during the workout. I don't rely on the monitor's calculation of my burn, because it's always way too high for some reason. Then I input the numbers (age, weight, time, avg heartrate) into an app called Calories Burned by Heart Rate. It's a few extra steps, but worth it to me.
  • mang9785
    Options
    Ive been having the same problem. I put the plyometrics in under aerobics, the kenpo as boxing or martial arts, core synergenics as calesthenics, the strenghts training as push ups and pull ups. So far I cant get the calories burned to show up when i put in the reps for the strength training,so i combine it with push ups, sit ups or pull ups. I dont know if the calories burned are the same, but it gives me an idea of what I did. Hope this helps. If you find a way to add them, please let me know too.

I tried doing that but it seemed like a bit to much for me to keep up with.
  • mang9785
    Options
    I use this website http://p90xcalories.com/. I don't know how accurate it is but it works for me.

Interesting. I think I will this website as well as a heart rate monitor to see how accurate. Thanks everyone for the feedback.
  • chickentunashake
    chickentunashake Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Easiest way is to get HRM, that is the most accurate way to track your cals
  • SirBeechBum
    Options
    Get a Heart Rate Monitor (HRM)! This is an absolute must and a real game changer when it comes to accurately measuring the calories you burn during any workout. The Polar FT4 is on Amazon now for less than 60 bucks...
  • mang9785
    Options
    Get a Heart Rate Monitor (HRM)! This is an absolute must and a real game changer when it comes to accurately measuring the calories you burn during any workout. The Polar FT4 is on Amazon now for less than 60 bucks...

Does it log calories as you burn them?
  • Package02
    Package02 Posts: 97
    Options

Does it log calories as you burn them?

Yup. Gives you cals burned and time duration. A few other things as well but for logging p90 that's pretty much all you need. I have found the p90 online calculators to be pretty close to what my HRM gives me (for those who are curious but don't wanna buy a HRM)
  • Cherise1
    Options
    Thanks!!!!
  • OnlyOneOcean1
    Options
    Thanks much for the site. Like it. Still, I can't enter the info. onto fitness pal without having to spend hours. Not an option. Is there an easy, yet somewhat accurate way to do it?
  • BellissimaJ143
    BellissimaJ143 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT40 Heart Rate Monitor. It measures my heart rate as well as calculates the calories burned. I also have a Polar H7 blue tooth heart rate monitor (the watch comes with the H1). The H7 can be synched with the android/iphone app for polar and can transfer the data onto the polar personal trainer website that has a lot of tools that can aid with weight loss.

I found the best prices online here for any monitors or bands

http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/heartratemonitor-viewall.html?gclid=CImL-sn_pr4CFU_l7AodhwgAHw

Good Luck!!:smile: