Healthy, Easy, Cheap Breakfast Ideas?

Options
I have a infant, and a crazy schedule so I usually just eat a bowl of ceral for breakfast but I know its not always the healthiest. Does anyone have any ideas for breakfast that are quick and easy to make, and fairly cheap?

Replies

• Zaetalicious
    Zaetalicious Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    boil some eggs the night before, eat 2 or 3 in the am. protein shake, whole grain english muffin with some pb&j.

overnight oatmeal is one of my favs if you have a little time at night to make it before bed (just google it there are a million recipes, all of which are delicious!)

i know what you mean, i'm a grab and go breakfast type person as well and all four of those are the things i've found that works for me.
  • StevensMommy
    Options
    awesome! thanks so much :)
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I'm the laziest person in the world in the morning, so I just take 1/2 cup of oats, throw in some water and microwave it for a little under a minute. While that's in there, I get about 1/2 tbs of splenda brown sugar and some raspberries. I throw it all together and eat. Takes me literally 2 minutes until I'm eating it.

Not exactly gourment breakfast.. but it is cheap and simple! :)

Also, if it's too plain for you.. throw in a little bit of peanut butter for flavor.
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    You can make a giant pot of steelcut oats, put in fridge and every morning just add a scoop of it to a bowl, toss in microwave, then toss in some stuff to jazz it up (vanilla, cinnimon, nuts, raisins, etc) a splash of milk, stir, eat and go.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    eggs.
  • Netterz0087
    Netterz0087 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I line a muffin pan (in each little hole) with a slice of turkey bacon, then scramble together 8 eggs and 1/4 cup of cheese then pour the mixture in each cup. Back at 350 for like 30 minutes and then I just reheat them through out the week. I modified it to put the paper linings down first because I cant get the bacon flush against the pan and the egg oozes out when baking lol

I'll eat one or two of those each morning. If I only eat one, I add Low Fat Cottage Cheese to the meal (ate separately of course)
  • racerscottw227
    Options
    I line a muffin pan (in each little hole) with a slice of turkey bacon, then scramble together 8 eggs and 1/4 cup of cheese then pour the mixture in each cup. Back at 350 for like 30 minutes and then I just reheat them through out the week. I modified it to put the paper linings down first because I cant get the bacon flush against the pan and the egg oozes out when baking lol

I'll eat one or two of those each morning. If I only eat one, I add Low Fat Cottage Cheese to the meal (ate separately of course)

That sounds delicious.
  • Netterz0087
    Netterz0087 Posts: 91 Member
    Options

That sounds delicious.

It's not bad! I'm not a huge egg fan, so the bacon equals it out lol