Fit Bit

Options
Hello everyone! So I discovered yesterday that my lovely pedometer is not consistently counting my steps. :grumble: Super annoying especially since I joined the June 10,000 challenge. It is a very nice pedometer - a SportLine 360. But if it isn't accurate then it is kind of pointless. I have been reading that a lot of people seem to be buying the FitBit - I went on the website to check it out having no clue what a FitBit was and they seem really neat. With the $100 price tag I will have to save up for one and thought that would give me time to see how everyone liked theirs?

What features does it have?
Does it seem accurate?
What do you like best about it?
Is it easy to use?

Thanks for all the input!

Replies

• jerilph
    jerilph Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just bought one and it should come on Friday. I can't wait to get it and try it, I have heard they are pretty accurate but that syncing them to MFP can be tricky, I've heard both good and bad. You can also use fitbit.com with or without the fitbit. Friend me if you want and I'll let you know what I think in about a week.
  • LanderRose81
    LanderRose81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Great, thanks! :smile:

Anyone else have any input to share with me?

Do you think it is worth the money?
  • sonamon
    sonamon Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have had mine since April and I love it. The free website that comes with it syncs with myfitnesspal so that really helps. It keeps track of steps, stairs (flights), calories burned, distance, and you can keep track of your sleep activity. The one thing it doesn't do is track your heart rate. I think it is worth the money and I hope this helps :D
  • Jess830409
    Jess830409 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I just bought one yesterday after researching and reading reviews. So far my thoughts are:

*How did I live without this thing ?? LOL
    *Love that you can put it in stopwatch mode and record specific activity
    *Tells you how many flights of stairs climbed, steps taken, calories burned
    *Very compact and easy to wear without anyone knowing or being uncomfortable
    *Fitbit uses web based software so there isnt a program you have to download to your computer and can use multiple computers
    * Auto sync if by the base
    *Works with MFP for tracking

Can't say enough about it and I have only had mine for a day. It was nice to see how many calories I actually burned during my workout last night instead of such a broad estimation which I had been making.

Plus I hear the customer service department is great and if you ever have issues they dont hesitate to send you a new one :)
  • LanderRose81
    LanderRose81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I did read on the website about the auto syncing, that seems like it would be VERY cool!