Getting my hair cut...I need help

Options
teresadutton
teresadutton Posts: 232 Member
I am finally gonna get my hair cut tmr..its been years......My question is.....Bangs or no bangs. What is "in" these days? My hair is currently to the middle of my back. i am going to get it cut to just below my shoulders. But I dont know if I should keep long bangs that go to the side or if I should cut them short so that they go just above my eye brows and go straight across. What do ye think??????.

Replies

• hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    You have a great face for long bangs.
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    You have a great face for long bangs.

Agree
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I would do something completely different and drastic .... I am thinking of cutting mine off soon as well and I like the style where it is shorter on one side and longer on the other...
  • munkey418
    munkey418 Posts: 139
    Options
    long bangs so u can tuck them behind ur ear OR put them in a messy ponytail/bun when u need to get down to business without hair in ur face :)
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I'd say brush aside bangs- not super long ones but the kind that sweep to the side and you can kind of tuck behind your ears.
  • Jflowwers
    Jflowwers Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I think long fringy bangs, I am a hairdresser and you have a great face for them. Think Anne Hathaway in Devil wear prada.
  • SFbarmaid
    SFbarmaid Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I say chop it!!
    Try something like an Asymmetrical bob. This cut is versatile and still gives you plenty of length on one side to play with.. you can incorporate longer side swept bangs.
    this is a great cut for people with any texture hair.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I'm never doing bangs again. They're just one more thing that will be weird-looking and require extra work in the morning. It's bad enough that the back of my hair sticks straight and requires taming. Every time I get them cut I like it for a couple days and then one morning I'll wake up and they'll be sticking out and strange and refuse to cooperate. And I have enough trouble keeping my hair out of my eyes.
    If you don't mind the extra work, go for it. I'm not trying to be negative I'm just very lazy when it comes to hair. I'm also at the point where I'm ready to chop mine off into a pixie again. Once my cheek bones come out of hiding, the hair is gone.
  • SFbarmaid
    SFbarmaid Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I think long fringy bangs, I am a hairdresser and you have a great face for them. Think Anne Hathaway in Devil wear prada.

ditto!
  • calalily77
    calalily77 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Longish sideswept bangs, but not enough to go behind your ear. I think with your face a thicker bang would be great as well.
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'd go with the longer side swept bangs, way more versatile, and really flattering.
  • teresadutton
    Options
    Ok so long bangs.....what do I do with them when I do a ponytail? I look really dumb with no bangs at all..ie pulled back into the ponytail.

There is no way in hell I would cut my hair short..been there done that and hated it.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    I'd say brush aside bangs- not super long ones but the kind that sweep to the side and you can kind of tuck behind your ears.

This^^
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Ok so long bangs.....what do I do with them when I do a ponytail? I look really dumb with no bangs at all..ie pulled back into the ponytail.

There is no way in hell I would cut my hair short..been there done that and hated it.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-g3-UzXiHIeI/TlQLh9xgD_I/AAAAAAAAAzY/fi_ynE6G4OM/s1600/2006_devil_wears_prada_wallpaper_00.jpg
  • teresadutton
    Options
    ok I like that too...now I dont know what to do...... but your the hairdresser, so I ought to take your advice. I like low mantaince. I dont like my bangs in my fae so I think the shorter ones would be better. oh gezz you would think I was making so huge choice here...I guess I am it is my hair after all!!!

Thanks everyone. I welcome anymore suggestions!