Bored=hungry BUT not actually hungry

Options
Okay so when I get bored or frusterated I want to snack on bad stuff.... I try drinking water, eating some natural almonds but it doesn't fix it... I want junk food, chocolate... chips.... etc. I started drinking GNC-total lean vanilla bean protein shakes and it helps kill the sweet tooth a little....

I feel like I am going to be water logged with all the water i am drinking....:explode:

Am I the only one?!?!?

Replies

• verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Heck, no ..... you're not the only one ...... I either eat a few raw veggies & a dab of hummus ...... or get up off my butt & head for the gym !
  • cheekycherries
    cheekycherries Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am the same. I'm a boredom eater. That's why I try to go to the gym in the evening and keep busy. And getting to bed early... Not sure why I'm up lol. Anyone also with this problem and want a buddy, free to add xx
  • yentess
    yentess Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Totally me too! Since I've been trying to lose weight and have healthier habits I refuse to eat based on my emotions anymore. I just remind myself of what my goals are and that making an unhealthy food choice will only make me feel worse in the end. It might be hard at first, but really after a week my appetite had adjusted and I no longer found myself heading to the kitchen because I was bored.
  • Em_runs_away
    Em_runs_away Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I need to stop this too, I'll watch the rest of this thread with interest.
  • veronica2124
    Options
    Hey!

No, I have the same issue! Vanilla protein's good.. You can try other healthy snacks not to get bored such as:
    - Non fat yoghurt or cottage cheese mixed with chocolate/vanilla powder protein and chopped strawberries. Check that the protein you use is low carb and preferably grass fed.
    - Baked fruits - pears or apple
    - Berry smoothie - a cup or so of frozen berries, half banana, a scoop of protein powder
    - Chocolate Pudding ( I took this recipe from Mike Geary)
    This recipe will make about 2-4 servings and is a great healthy dessert or late night snack

1/2 of a ripe avocado (soft to touch)
    approx 3 tablespoons of almond butter (preferably raw if possible)
    approx 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk (preferably organic)
    2 heaping tablespoons of organic cocoa powder
    1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
    1 packet of stevia (or enough to your desired sweetness level)
    1/2 to 3/4 of a scoop of chocolate protein powder
    just a small pinch of sea salt
    Put the avocado and almond butter into a bowl and mash together with a fork until smooth. Then add all of the other ingredients into the bowl and mix together vigorously until all is mixed and smooth. If you're good with a food processor, you can use that too, but I just mash everything together by hand.
    If everything went right, the consistency will be similar to pudding... except normal pudding makes you FAT with loads of sugar! My healthy pudding recipe will actually HELP you to burn fat, control cravings, and satisfy your body's need for micro-nutrients, protein, healthy fats, and fiber.
    If the pudding ends up too thick, simply add a bit more almond milk or coconut milk for more moisture until the consistency seems right.
    If you want to get a little wild and add some more nutrient-rich additions, feel free to add some chopped pecans, chia seeds, rice bran, or walnuts at the end. And it tastes great to top this dish with some sliced strawberries!
  • sdavis0224
    sdavis0224 Posts: 23
    Options
    I started a new job back in march and I've always had a desk job but this is the first job I actually have to constantly sit at my desk so it's even harder to stop my boredom eating cause I cant move around alot like before. I try to walk on the treadmill on my breaks and lunch just to get me out of my chair. I swear I feel my a** grow wider everyday :laugh:
  • Adrastus
    Adrastus Posts: 3
    Options
    Yes! I always have that issue when I'm bored : / I normally fall back to some gum.
  • NannersBalletLegs
    NannersBalletLegs Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Guilty as charged.

It's always in the evenings that I get the boredom munchies too. After being good all day long, I'll want to relax and put on Netflix... and then the dreaded junk food snack attacks start...haha.

Someone in another thread suggested knitting. After all, you can't be snacking with two knitting needles or a loom in your hands! I did that when I quit smoking years ago, and it worked wonders. I think I'm going to try it for my snacking problem. Maybe it will work for you too.

Good luck! :)