Need Help!! Am I in "starvation mode"?

Options
2»

Replies

• dyellz
    dyellz Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    :happy: i would calculate your tdee and -15 % of it and thats what you should be eating. You are very active so you should be eating alot! this is coming from a mail carrier who is active as well. I was eating 1300 with no loss! Now im at 1955 and ive lost again! Yoru body needs fuel not restriction. Theres a group called eat more to weigh less on here....very helpful!
  • agent99oz
    agent99oz Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem....it's really frustrating! Since I have had 2 kids my metabolism has gone out the door.

All I can say is maybe don't bother weighing yourself - it totally depresses me....I am going to start giving myself new goals
  • adamantypants
    Options
    Make your Food Diary "public" so everyone can see it, you will get a better response to your question.

Just an idea, but maybe try some HIIT workouts (high intensity interval training).
    This too is where I would start. If you do the same workouts every day your body will just get used to it. You don't get tired from walking around all day because you do it all the time. Same goes for workouts. If you're doing cardio, do a different type of cardio. If weight training, focus on different muscle groups and play with the range of motion/extension.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    You're not very large and not very overweight so you'll have to track religiously, not most of the time, all of the time, even the unhealthy foods and restaurant foods, everything. Even when you're out of town and even cheat days. A cheat day can negate a lot of deficits. If you're not losing then you're underestimating your intake or overestimating your output or changing in body composition. Most of us do terrible at eyeballing it and we eat way more than we think we do, and we burn way less than we think we do from exercise. You're not in starvation mode. Good luck!