Calories MFP prefers w/ no exercise but still lose weight?

Options
Are there any people on here that only eats the calories MFP prefers& don't exercise but still lose weight? Just wondering

If you eat the calories they prefer will you still lose weight w/o exercise just curious. ..

***Feel free to add me :)***

Replies

• carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 pounds on another similar site before joining MFP, and another 10 pounds after joining before I started to exercise.

And yes, MFP has a built in deficit depending on how much weight you chose to lose a week.
  • HipsBreastsandMore
    HipsBreastsandMore Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    On the days I don't exercise, I managed to maintain the 1330 calories that MFP gives me but on the days I do exercise, I burn at least 500.

You can do it. If you are eating 1500, then have a food plan ready. My meal plan is that I will not eat over 400 calories in each meal.. I barely eat breakfast, but I do eat lunch, and dinner so I try to get a snack in throughout the day (even when i'm not hungry) to match up with the amount of calories i'm supposed to eat a day.
  • Ash_ah_lee
    Ash_ah_lee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 pounds on another similar site before joining MFP, and another 10 pounds after joining before I started to exercise.

And yes, MFP has a built in deficit depending on how much weight you chose to lose a week.

Wow... Thanks
  • bluzenith
    bluzenith Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I also wondered about that. I recently started and I have not done any real exercise this week.
  • crystalmhood
    Options
    In my first week with MFP, I did not exercise but stayed under my 1200 calorie allowance. I still lost a couple pounds. However, the next week when my workouts started, I saw a huge difference in weight and body toning. Staying under the calorie allowance does help you lose weight, but for maximum results, I do both.

Many times I do not even eat the calories I burn with the workouts, so I end up losing much quicker. Even if you aren't able to run every day, every other day, or do a major workout, you should do some form of activity such as walking or swimming. You would be surprised what 30 mins a day would do. I currently do a strength workout for about an hour (working abs, butt, and legs with "Mitch Gaylord's Melt it off workouts) every day, and then do a cardio run/walk every other day for 30 mins. Just in the last 3 days of running I've seen my abs show up and a huge difference in my legs and butt. (This is only 3 weeks using MFP and working out for 2 weeks).

DON'T GIVE UP! YOU CAN DO IT! Just make sure you are logging everything you eat...every bite and every drink. Be honest with yourself, and you will see results. Make sure you get all your nutrients too! That is extremely important. Don't just have a candy bar everyday and say "well I'm under my calorie intake." That's not how it works.