Crafters, Seamstresses, Let's share ideas!

Options
SteffieMark
SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
Hi y'all. I prefer to make a lot of things I use in my home. I sew most of my own clothes and try to find ways to make gifts when possible, instead of buying. No, I am not cheap. lol I just really love putting myself into something, it just means more to me. I made a birthday gift for my son today. His birthday is next week. I hope to heck he likes it, I do!

This is the gift...
nightlight10.jpg

Step by step, how I made it is here...http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/SteffieMark/view/a-gift-for-my-sweet-son-276316
I have several pieces of clothing that I created in the Blogs too.

I would love to see crafts and clothing that other MFPers make. I can always use new ideas. Please share! If you have your items on Pinterest, I'd be glad to see those as well! Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Funny that you posted something like this about crafting, I just told a friend yesterday I had to give up crafting so I could squeeze in running. lol. What a cute idea, its nice.
  • SteffieMark
    Options
    I can always find time for crafting, sewing and exercise. But, I am retired so, my time is pretty much free time! lol
  • love4ransom
    love4ransom Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I love crafting. I just recently learned how to make diaper cakes for baby showers. I'd post a pic but I don't know how.
  • NutteryButtery
    Options
    That is so pretty! I think your son will love it. I'd like one too! lol
  • HMiller9910
    Options
    That is really cool! One question, how did the Whipped Cream Vodka taste? hehe
  • love4ransom
    love4ransom Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Whipped cream vodka is good. it's sweet and tastes good mixed with root beer and orange soda
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I like to sew, but have mostly only made things for my daughters. This summer, that's changing--I've already made one skirt and taken in a couple shirts, and I'm planning to make another skirt tomorrow or Friday (need to get bias tape).
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    That's pretty neat! I just got into making hairbows. My daughter had 2 birthday parties over the weekend. I made each girl a bow and attatched it to the top of their gifts.
  • LaGordita87
    LaGordita87 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Dress i made my youngest as a present for her birthday next month, it's the latest thing i have made but i make tons of stuff and most of my girls's clothing these days. I have a facebook page with pictures of a bunch of stuff i have made/make. If you want to take a look. https://www.facebook.com/BonitaMB
    IMG_20120606_184238.jpg
  • SteffieMark
    Options
    I got on a sewing obsession last week. On Tuesday, I made a shirt. Wednesday, i make a blouse with ruffles. lol Thursday, I made a dress that I am absolutely in love with. Friday, I made another blouse. I gave it a rest the last few days. But, I have three more complete pattens cut out and ready to begin sewing. Two dresses and a new blouse. I'll probably start on the blouse in the morning.

The Whipped Cream Vodka actually smelled pretty good, like whipped cream. But, I am not a drinker at all, so when I took a sip, I cringed! lol

I think the diaper cakes are precious! I'd love to see them. To post here, have your photos uploaded to a site like Photo Bucket. Then use the link with the 's in them. When you paste it here, change the capital IMG to lowercase img and they'll work.  I'd love to see pictures! Hairbows too!
  • ScientistStudy
    ScientistStudy Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Thats an amazing gift idea!!

For all you crafters out there, you can do something for a good cause :)
    This is a link to The Blood Bag Project:
    http://leighlalovesyou.wix.com/thebloodbagproject

It's a craft project set up by my sister to raise awareness of Diamond Blackfan Anaemia.
    My 2 year old niece has it and needs blood transfusions every 4-5 weeks.
    This project aims to bring people together to create and craft a blood bag from any textiles you wish.
    My sister is collecting them for exhibitions and auctioning they off and all proceeds go the DBA UK.
    This is a world wide project however so all should feel free to get involved :smile:

Note: I'm not the craftiest person but if you go onto the website and click Gallery, my blood bag is the 6th and 7th photos along :D
  • SteffieMark
    Options
    Dress i made my youngest as a present for her birthday next month, it's the latest thing i have made but i make tons of stuff and most of my girls's clothing these days. I have a facebook page with pictures of a bunch of stuff i have made/make. If you want to take a look. https://www.facebook.com/BonitaMB
    IMG_20120606_184238.jpg

The dress is precious! I'll go look at your other things too, I saved the url.
  • adry20
    adry20 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I make all kinds stuff! I like sewing, painting, baking, cooking, you name it. I've made cloth diapers, Mei Tai carriers, hair bows, etc.. You can see some of my creations here https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150104469998628.309156.676888627&type=3
  • mizzoulaxgirl26
    mizzoulaxgirl26 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    LOVE crafting! www.facebooks.com/k.maedesigns is my buisness! Embroidery, alterations, digtizing stuff for embroidery machines, sewing. Sew much fun ha ha!
  • ScientistStudy
    Options

It's a craft project set up by my sister to raise awareness of Diamond Blackfan Anaemia.
    This project aims to bring people together to create and craft a blood bag from any textiles you wish.
    My sister is collecting them for exhibitions and auctioning they off and all proceeds go the DBA UK.
    This is a world wide project however so all should feel free to get involved :smile:

Note: I'm not the craftiest person but if you go onto the website and click Gallery, my blood bag is the 6th and 7th photos along :D

This is mid blood bag creation:
    2012-03-07165811.jpg

And this is my boyfriend in knitted formation. First thing I have EVER knitted and I couldn't have done it without my sister. I had so much fun making it!
    knittedscott.jpg
    His shirt says SH for his initials haha
  • SteffieMark
    Options

That is a cool way to help out. I downloaded the template and will make a couple. If your sister would like them, I'd be happy to mail them to her. Just send a message with an address. :smile:

Edit - Your boyfriend is a cutie!
  • LaGordita87
    LaGordita87 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I make all kinds stuff! I like sewing, painting, baking, cooking, you name it. I've made cloth diapers, Mei Tai carriers, hair bows, etc.. You can see some of my creations here https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150104469998628.309156.676888627&type=3

Very cute stuff!
  • ScientistStudy
    Options

That is a cool way to help out. I downloaded the template and will make a couple. If your sister would like them, I'd be happy to mail them to her. Just send a message with an address. :smile:

Edit - Your boyfriend is a cutie!

Oh yes she would love that!! There should be details of an address in the PDF but since it is her university this could change. Drop me a message when you have completed it and I'll let you know where would be best to send it :D
  • caroliiine86
    Options
    i do scrapbooking :)

you can take a look at my work here

http://www.unblogunefille.com/
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I make weird rag dolls. I'll post as soon as I take a pic of them. I take one traveling with me wherever we go. He's like our roaming gnome.