FAVORITE LUNCH AROUND 300 CALORIES?

Options
I'm getting bored with my tuna sandwich for lunch, any one have something new for me to try that's around 300 cals and doesn't require me to attend culinary art school????
Thanks!:bigsmile:

Replies

• mgraf06
    mgraf06 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like making my own burrito bowls: 1/3 cup of brown rice, 1/3 cup black beans, 1/3 cup of chicken or ground turkey, and 1 cup shredded lettuce plus a little shredded cheese (2 tbsp) and salsa. This lunch totaled out to 312 calories, and so much cheaper than eating out at Chipotle and Taco Cabana. ;)
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    corn tortillas with vegetarian refried beans, 2% shredded cheese, frozen mixed peppers. You could even add a dollop of light sour cream.
  • Merrychrissmith
    Merrychrissmith Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    McDouble (no cheese) and a glass of water. 330 calories. Yummy and just enough.
  • JellyButter
    JellyButter Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I usually eat salad for lunch, sorry.

Lettuce
    1-2 hard boiled eggs
    Onions
    Vinegarette dressing

SOMETIMES: Dried cranberries, sunflowerseeds, pinto beans
  • yentess
    yentess Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hummus and TONS of fresh veggies!
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I also usually have a salad.

Iceberg lettuce
    carrots
    cucumber
    a package of buddig ham or turkey
    1 hard boiled egg
    fat free or low-fat salad dressing (whatever suits your fancy)
  • concavity
    concavity Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    French baguette with melted mozzarrella cheese and 4 slices thinly sliced turkey

1 slice of bread with grilled/pan cooked chicken breast, with easy over (my preference) egg on top

Cubed 1/2 avocado, tomatoes, onions, green olives, pickles.
    Topped with either russian dressing, french dressing or hot salsa with russian.

4 leaves of lettuce to be used as wraps and you can put different things in each one for a little diversity
  • selzam2
    selzam2 Posts: 34
    Options
    I never like to feel limited to just one food item at each meal, so I find having several yummy things in moderation works for me and keeps me from feeling bored and/or restricted. Here is what I had today:

1/2c vegetable chips - 120 calories
    1/2 Chunky Peanut Butter (1 tbsp) and Rhubarb jam (1/2 tbsp) sandwich on whole grain bread - 180 calories

Other things I like mixing in to my multi-component lunches:

-A whole orange, banana, apple, or pear (~80-100 cal)
    -Clif bar minis (GREAT for chocolate cravings! (100 cal)
    -Fage 0% fruit/yogurt cups (120 cal)
    -sliced peppers (~30 cal for a whole pepper!) and hummus (50 cal/2 tbsp)

I know you didn't ask for breakfast suggestions, but something I could eat at ANY meal would be some good 'ol summer porrdige (a.k.a. no-cook oatmeal). To make it the night before and have for breakfast, or make in the morning and save for lunch is easy:

-1/3c fat free greek yogurt (I use Fage 0%, so 45 cal)
    -1/2c soy/almond/dairy milk (I use Almond Breeze unsweetened vanilla almond milk, so 20 cal)
    -1 packet quaker weight control oatmeal in any flavor (~1/2c of any oatmeal works, but I use the cinnamon/maple/etc to add flavor, 150 cal)
    -1 small banana (90 cal)
    -If I'm feeling indulgent and want to go a bit over 300 cal I add a tablespoon of peanut butter!
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    May I also suggest taking your tuna fish and, instead of putting it on bread, using a serving size of garden herb trisquits as your bread. The crunch and flavor jazz up an otherwise boring lunch. I do that with egg salad sometimes.
  • rvrtplus2
    rvrtplus2 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love doing lettuce wraps! I put a lean slice of meat with cheese and roll it up. Add veggies!
  • killinme
    killinme Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I usually eat salad for lunch, sorry.

Lettuce
    1-2 hard boiled eggs
    Onions
    Vinegarette dressing

SOMETIMES: Dried cranberries, sunflowerseeds, pinto beans

I LOVE SALAD!!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    1 small baked potato, 1 cup chili--microwave

Grilled cheese and tomato soup

Pb and j and a banana

Wrap with tuna, lettuce, and tomato

3/4 serving pasta, diced chicken, 1/4 cup jarred Alfredo, broccoli

Oatmeal w/1 tbsp pb and 1/2 banana

Protein shake w/milk, banana, prOtein powder

Yogurt with fruit and dry cereal on top

Bowl of cereal and a piece of fruit

Trail mix and an apple

Crackers abd cheese

Hummus and assorted veggies with a string cheese on the side
  • Saiklor
    Saiklor Posts: 183
    Options
    if you have access to an oven then try roasting some veggies (peppers, onions, asparagus, whatever else floats your boat) with a bit of olive oil and salt. It's good hot OR cold!
  • bzgl40
    bzgl40 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Big honking salad. I BBQ a few chicken breasts at a time and use them for my salads. I add in things like broccoli, red cabbage, carrots, radishes... The possibilities are endless. And I make my own vinaigrette dressing. Takes a while to eat and totally fills me up. Sometimes I add beans, tuna, or even a hard boiled egg if I have no chicken's already cooked. Roasted sweet potatoes might go in again as well if I know I have a long endurance session later in the afternoon.
  • mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    New favorite as of yesterday:

1 cup plain, non fat Greek yogurt (about 140 calories)
    1 tsp Hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder (5 calories)
    1 ounce chopped plain almonds (abut 170 calories)
    Sweetener to taste (I use Splenda)

As a chocolate lover, I give it two thumbs way up - like Rocky Road or a chocolate bar with milk. No almonds makes this a great snack.
  • desireedare
    Options
    I sometimes make Garlic Shrimp and Avocado!

4 oz thawed shrimp
    2 cloves of fresh minced garlic
    3 oz white wine (i use pinot)
    1/2 avocado
    1/2 tbs olive oil

Cut the avocado into bite sized cubes and set aside on a dish or in your lunch container. sautee the shrimp in the olive oil in a pan with the wine and garlic until there's a little bit of liquid left in the pan. put the shrimp on the other side of the plate or in a separate container (so you can warm it up later without warming the avocado) and pour the remaining liquid/garlic on top. Eat each piece of shrimp with a bite of avocado. SOOOO simple and so good. literally takes about 10 minutes to prepare.
  • kbc525
    kbc525 Posts: 149
    Options
    bump
  • ameena76
    ameena76 Posts: 18
    Options

4 oz thawed shrimp
    1/2 avocado
    1/2 tbs olive oil

Cut the avocado into bite sized cubes and set aside on a dish or in your lunch container. sautee the shrimp in the olive oil in a pan with the wine and garlic until there's a little bit of liquid left in the pan. put the shrimp on the other side of the plate or in a separate container (so you can warm it up later without warming the avocado) and pour the remaining liquid/garlic on top. Eat each piece of shrimp with a bite of avocado. SOOOO simple and so good. literally takes about 10 minutes to prepare.
  • ameena76
    ameena76 Posts: 18
    Options

4 oz thawed shrimp
    1/2 avocado
    1/2 tbs olive oil

This sounds delicious! Going to have to try soon!
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I love doing lettuce wraps! I put a lean slice of meat with cheese and roll it up. Add veggies!

^^This