Jogging Dog Leash

Options
I always go walking/jogging with my dog (he is 120 lb Chessapeake Bay) so he is HUGE. Is there anyone out there who knows of a good leash to jog with?? I have a harness...but needing a better leash! Out local Petco really doesnt have anything.

He does great but sometimes gets excited and pulls me (I weigh 130 lbs) so he pulls pretty hard lol...and the leash I have hurts my wrist!

Any suggestions welcome! = ) Thanks!

Replies

• PitBullMom_Liz
    PitBullMom_Liz Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    The waist leash from Blue Dog Training is outstanding. Expensive, but worth it. Can be hooked to multiple lengths and it is strong enough for me to feel safe using it with my very dog-aggressive pit bull. I know she's not going anywhere with it. You can buy it here: http://www.bluedogtraining.com/leashes.html

:-)
  • Ashleacurtice
    Ashleacurtice Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    ohhh gosh I dunno how I would feel with it around my waist!! Does it really make it easier?? I have never seen that before...pretty cool!!! Thanks!
  • PitBullMom_Liz
    PitBullMom_Liz Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's wonderful. It puts the dog's strength right at your center of gravity, so if your dog lunges, you may move a step or two, but you won't be pulled over or lose the leash like you might normally. And if you're smaller, you can wear it around your hips which is more ideal. I can't do that yet. ;-)

As a bonus, it's wonderful if you're going up steps or a hill because then your dog can pull you. :-)
  • Ashleacurtice
    Ashleacurtice Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    No its mostly just in out neighborhood that we run! Thank you...probably ordering now = )