Looking for MFP friends

Options
tweakz20
tweakz20 Posts: 152 Member
Hey all. I'm Brian, 22 years old from PA.
I'm a paramedic intern, currently on a chaotic schedule (switch from 12 hour day shifts to 12 hour night shifts in 1 day with random clinical shifts thrown in) plus have a web programming job.
I joined Planet Fitness several weeks ago and MFP about a week ago.
I've been a vegetarian for about 6 years and I'm doing a near-vegan diet currently.
I'm currently netting less than 1000 cals/day and doing 60 mins cardio 5 days a week plus some other exercises.
I've been single for almost a year now.
My goal is to become inside the "healthy" range in the BMI scale.. from 200 lbs to 160 lbs.. and to look sexy so I stop getting turned down when I ask someone to go on a date with me.
I don't have any friends with similar weight loss goals so I'm looking for some people to keep me motivated.. So send me a friend request if you have any similarities.
Thanks for reading :)

Replies

• loseequalsgain
    Options
    HI NEW FRIEND! Nice to know a little more about you. Sounds like you have a fun diet. I
    am doing a vegetarian/vegan diet. I say that because the only thing stopping me from
    being completely vegan is that I LOVE cheese. No kidding. Cheese is SO good. LOL. I
    know right? I'm a little crazy sometimes, so hopefully that doesn't bother you. Hah. But
    our goals are similar. So that's good!
  • camichel
    camichel Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey. I'm also looking to lose about 30-40 lbs. I also have a history of being turned down when I ask people out on dates. I'd love to try to help motivate you; I find I'm needing a fair bit of motivation myself these days. It's nice to meet you. :)
  • vklebanova
    vklebanova Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi Brian!

I'm *almost* 22 .. (will be on june 29) I'm from NY. I have a really hectic although mostly tied to the desk job. i start at 147, I'm down to 136 and I'm looking to go down to 115. I'm mostly a vegetarian but have anemia which my kale obsession has failed at curing so I do eat meat from time to time (although always at most once a week). Feel free to add me!!!

Just some comments on your post though. You shouldn't be netting less than 1000 cals/day.. you shouldn't be netting less than 1500 cals/day especially with your workout schedule.
    I'm personally not an expert or a nutritionist or anything.. but EVERY single person in my family is a doctor of some sort so I've heard every "rule" in the book backwards and forwards. My stepfather is also a dietitian and works particularly with very unhealthy people who are extremely obese to help them reach healthy weights.

Again... feel free to add.
  • BioaerosolDoc
    BioaerosolDoc Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm older than you (by about ten years LOL) but we have similar weight loss goals. I'm also in school and working, so crazy schedule is the norm. I'm recently single and I'd like to get to the point where I'd get asked out to begin with! :laugh:
  • tweakz20
    tweakz20 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses and adds!!

loseequalsgain> Cheese is awesome indeed, and veggie cheese just isn't the same.. I still eat yogurt sometimes and don't keep track of all the hidden ingrediants in things.. It's so hard to be vegan, especially when going out, becuase of things like cheese and butter on everything >_<

camichel> It's weird for girls to ask guys out, I would have to accept just due to the fact you had the guts to ask! Good luck on that, you'll find someone!

vklebanova> Good luck with your weight loss goals. Anemia must suck, do you take iron supplements? I know people say it's bad to eat less, reasons being people get too hungry and don't stick to the diet. Other issue they claim is to enter "starvation mode" which is bs because it takes a long time to develop.. And it's normal to have a slower metabolism with a lower weight. I'm taking supplements and if I start dieing I'll eat more, but for now, getting great results.

steampunk> You may be older than me, but you're not old enough to be my mom! That's a bonus, right? The schedule thing really sucks when trying to get a routine going.. Good luck with getting asked out, make sure you appear available haha