Ground Beef Suggestions?

Options
2»

Replies

• grumpy2day
    grumpy2day Posts: 212
    Options
    Make meatballs and have meatball subs!! Kids usually love a good meatball sub with cheese!
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Its called teenager delight nad husbans like it too

heat oven 350

1 lbs. ground beef
    1 can cream of chicken soup
    .25 tsp. salt
    .25c. milk
    1 diced onion
    1c. grated cheese
    1 (16 ounce) pkg. frozen tater tots
    1 can french fried onions

Brown beef, onion, and salt in skillet. Place in casserole dish; arrange tater tots on top. Mix soup and milk pour on top. Bake 40 minutes uncovered. Remove from oven add cheese; bake 5 minutes, remove from oven add french fried onions bake five minutes. remove from oven and serve.

I think the *****en soup is what makes this so good.

What on earth did you type that MFP bleeped it out? What's wrong with chicken?
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    sautee an onion and some garlic, brown meat, throw in some ketchup and a can of diet coke...low sugar sloppy joes

i put it lettuce cups to eat
  • Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Options

heat oven 350

1 lbs. ground beef
    .25 tsp. salt
    .25c. milk
    1 diced onion
    1c. grated cheese

Brown beef, onion, and salt in skillet. Place in casserole dish; arrange tater tots on top. Mix soup and milk pour on top. Bake 40 minutes uncovered. Remove from oven add cheese; bake 5 minutes, remove from oven add french fried onions bake five minutes. remove from oven and serve.

Wondered that myself haha

Although I was going to suggest the same recipe. We call it Tatter Tot Casserole and I use cream of mushroom soup in it, plus corn and no french fried onions. Awesome dish!
  • benich3043
    benich3043 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    When I'm not cooking its called, " fend for yourself" my husban hates it !

We actually have a night for that in our house. It is Thursday nights. She can't just up and do that on a Tuesday.
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    My kids like Shepherd's Pie. Brown the ground beef, and drain. Leave it on the stove over about medium to med-high heat. Add vegetables (frozen carrots and peas, usually, onions would also be good). Add water and powdered gravy until you have a nice sauce. Top with mashed potatoes and put in the oven at 350 for about half an hour.
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Options

heat oven 350

1 lbs. ground beef
    .25 tsp. salt
    .25c. milk
    1 diced onion
    1c. grated cheese

Well, the "D" is right above the "C" so if they accidently typed ****en, may be that was it?

edit: yup! it was the D
  • Leylaos
    Leylaos Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    u might not be able to do tonight but when i have mince i lke to make aloo keema (potato n mince curry) very easy n quick to make n can be healthy if u use fry light or olive oil n add mixed veg into it very tasty too .many recipes on google
  • benich3043
    benich3043 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    So this is what I ended up with. Brown the ground beef with chopped onion. Add one can of whole kernel corn, two cans of diced tomatoes with green chile, half a cup of salsa and 1/4 pack of taco seasoning. Stir over medium heat. Prepare one cup of rice. Combine beef/salsa mixture with rice and top with light sour cream and 2% Shredded mexican blend cheese. 410 calories per serving, makes approximately five servings.
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious!
  • longtemps
    longtemps Posts: 2
    Options
    Shepard Pie
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    cook it and sprinkle it in your omelette with green onions, lettuce, tomatoes, and fat free cheese ***ground beef omelette**
  • lauravasseur
    Options
    I brown the hamburg and add all kinds of frozen veggies. Corn, beens, broccoli, onions and pepper. I throw in some taco seasoning and serve it over steamed rice. My kids love it and it goes great on top of a salad the next day.

I call it stuffed pepper mix, because that was how it started, then I evolved and added the corn and broccoli. You can even add stewed tomatoes.

That sounds really good
  • cwapmommy
    cwapmommy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    These sound yummy
  • melissawidmer
    melissawidmer Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Chili. Or Tacos. Most people have the stuff on hand for that.
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    check out my site with pics and recipes :) all of them are easy and fast, so I am sure you will be able to cook something in 15-20 min :)
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cooking-ideasHomemade-Healthy-Foods/179121125503371
  • purdieang
    purdieang Posts: 43
    Options
    make a "mince pie" out of it using wholemeal bread instead of pastry in muffin tins - kids like it too