If I can do it- anyone can!!! 40 lbs down!

Options
sheltielover
sheltielover Posts: 135 Member
I wanted to post here b/c as a newbie back in Sept I came to this page so often for inspiration.....

I started MFP back in Sept of last year -- miserable. I was a size 16 in my pants-- actually- I could no longer zip them.
In tops my XL's were getting too small.
I was depressed.

my best friend had a "come to jesus" with me ... and that day- on Sept 19, 2011 I changed my life when I logged onto MFP.

Today I am 40 lbs lighter. A size 8 jeans and small top!

I now run 30 minutes and am on Round 2 of P90X- which has truly changed my life.

I'm happier-- that depressed girl is long gone
My cholesterol is now in the normal range
My bloodpressure is now normal
I am now excited to go shopping
I love that I now eat for energy and eat anything I want and just watch my portions

If I can do it-- anyone can. I want you to know that. Just have faith in yourself-- and your heart.
Be honest--- if you eat too much-- still log it-- trust me, it will be interesting to look back in months to come and see patterns

It's a daily journey to be honest with myself and stop myself when I look to eat additional food- is it because I'm hungry or because of another reason, such as bored, stressed,drunk even...

This site has been such a blessing- and the friends Ive made along the way have always been there for me and helped in my journey to this point. I can't wait to see what the next 8 months bring!

Aimee

Replies

• kay4489
    kay4489 Posts: 36
    Options
    congratulations on ur 40 pound loss. it takes a tremendous amount of effort, dedication, sweat, tears, etc. and u did it!!!!!
  • FreedomReigns
    FreedomReigns Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    You have made tremendous progress. I am very proud of you my friend! :flowerforyou:
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    So proud of you and honoured to be a pal of yours on this journey!!! You are strong and dedicated! :)
  • Denybonita
    Denybonita Posts: 10
    Options
    woow!!!! You rock it!! It's a personal challenge and I love to have friends here that share that like you, I´m on 1/3 of my goal, I hope one day I can write the same post you wrote today!! Congratulations!! hugs
  • Frisky_CoastalNative
    Options
    Your an amazing woman!!

Thank you for being that stronghold and I'm honored to be your MFP friend
  • cm4508
    cm4508 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Yoshimi1977
    Yoshimi1977 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Your story is such an inspiration for me!
  • Bradleyjah
    Bradleyjah Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Awesome story! Way to go!
  • cevans_rr
    cevans_rr Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting! I LOVE success stories yours. It makes it seem so possible:) I have about 40 to lose with 17 down after 110 days here! Hope to be posting a story of my own someday. You're an inspiration!!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    congratulations! so happy for you!!! and for your shelties :)
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    You just totally rock, I'm so proud of you and THANK YOU so much for posting this....WOW and YAY:flowerforyou:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    inspirational BUMP
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!