Workout Routine

Options
So I've been using work out DVDs and I've been getting into them and enjoying them. Although I had a question for you guys about it. For the schedule I had to do two DVDs (total of about a 60 minute workout) yet tomorrow I'm only doing one (30 minutes). But I feel like I wanna do more than just that, so should I modify the schedule or should I stick to it? I know I don't wanna overdo it but the work outs I've been doing have been going over an hour or more, so doing that one DVD feels like it won't do me much good. Any advice? :frown:

Replies

• BrightEyesx3
    BrightEyesx3 Posts: 335
    Options
    Bump?
  • Allihexen
    Allihexen Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You need to mix and match. For example, do 60 one day and then 30 the next. It'll keep your body from getting too used to it while still working on the 60 days.
  • linbeebee
    linbeebee Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm having the same thought! On days when I do a shorter video, I'm going to use the extra time to really focus on some light yoga/stretching. Burning calories is important, but so is getting flexible!
  • BrightEyesx3
    Options
    I'm having the same thought! On days when I do a shorter video, I'm going to use the extra time to really focus on some light yoga/stretching. Burning calories is important, but so is getting flexible!

I'm pretty flexible already, and yoga isn't really my thing. I guess I'll figure out what else to do besides that one DVD. Thanks guys.
  • simonkimberlin
    simonkimberlin Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Have you looked at HiiT training? its a series of high intensity exercises followed be a short period of low intensity, the thinking is that after your workout (about 20 mins) your body continues to burn calories for up to 24hrs after your workout finished, this was you can maximise your workout time and it does not drag on into an hour.
    also search for bodyrock.tv on facebook, they post free daily workouts that are based on the Hiit training regime.
  • BrightEyesx3
    Options
    Have you looked at HiiT training? its a series of high intensity exercises followed be a short period of low intensity, the thinking is that after your workout (about 20 mins) your body continues to burn calories for up to 24hrs after your workout finished, this was you can maximise your workout time and it does not drag on into an hour.
    also search for bodyrock.tv on facebook, they post free daily workouts that are based on the Hiit training regime.

Is the HiiT training a DVD?