A success story of strength!! (pics)

Options
half_moon
half_moon Posts: 807 Member
Hey, guys!

So I'm relatively new to MFP, but I have been working out/dieting for almost 2 months (still new... I know). I'm 5'4", weigh 165 (just weighed myself today! I've lost 13 pounds thus far and am SO EXCITED)-- and my goal is a size 8. I just wanted to show you guys something I never thought, before working out, was important: my strength.

Weight aside, it feels *good* to be strong. I feel myself getting stronger and faster and things that were hard before are so easy, now. When I first stepped onto the elliptical machine, I did ten minutes (jogging/walking) and had to melt off and curl up in a corner to hyperventilate. I couldn't do any more! Then, after I started being proud of my results, I started taking pictures as inspiration. I'm glad I did, because now I can show you my results!

Note: From left to right, the elliptical machine reads the time I've spent on the machine, the distance I have gone in miles, my RPM (speed), and then on the far right is the calorie counter. The first picture was showing how many calories I would be burning an hour (not how many calories I actually burned), and in the second picture it is showing how many calories I actually burned (the numbers rotate, and I never paid much attention to calories burned in the beginning).

1 month ago (I was so excited, my comment on the picture was "personal best!!"):

1c52922ea3a911e1a8761231381b4856_7.jpg

Today!:

e9b2007ab5c811e1af7612313813f8e8_7.jpg

For an idea of my body shape, here are some before and after pictures, though I haven't changed much physically.

On mother's day (I'm the one on the far right):

240f18249d3d11e1ab011231381052c0_7.jpg

Recent (sorry it's not the best; I tend to run away screaming from most cameras):

00e87b7ab1cd11e180d51231380fcd7e_7.jpg

So I am very excited! I am getting stronger!! Hopefully that size 8 will be just around the corner!! Thank you to all of you who have been so encouraging this past week and have opened up to me. I love everybody I've met here so far!

Replies

• sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    congrats to you!
  • philippians4and13
    philippians4and13 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look great!
  • vklebanova
    vklebanova Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    great job! power through!!!!!! you go girl!
  • kcoyle220
    kcoyle220 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Way to go! That's great!
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Great work on the running, and I can definitely see a weight loss. Great work!
  • cali8_love
    cali8_love Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Wow that is awesome. Congrats (:
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Getting stronger is awesome!!!! And I can definitely see a difference in those pictures, keep it up!!!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! I used to not be able to pick up my own trash bags without complaining that they were heavy, but today, I lifted it up like it was nothing (even with my food being sprained and all the pain associated with that). It's great to feel stronger!

Good work getting the time up on the Elliptical! I can't go on the elliptical for more than 45 minutes without getting bored, so I envy you! :D
  • lauragoat
    lauragoat Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Way to keep a great thing going!!! Is that a mouse on your foot? TOO CUTE!!
  • gurjaks
    gurjaks Posts: 1
    Options
    You are looking in good shape dear. Hope to see my wife in the same position.
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Well done :) I think you have actually changed a lot physically.
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the supportive comments, guys! I've noticed a change in my legs. Sometimes I'll be bathing and look down and say, "wow, are those mine!?" I just can't wait until it shows in the tummmeeeeeeh

Thank you for all of your support! I can't wait to be more active in the community and get to know more of you. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!