I come in peace.

Options
Till I fall to pieces with regret after my first total meltdown with a large oreo Sonic Blast, that is. =P

Hi, I'm Amanda. I'm not new to life-changing plans for my physical self, but the more support I can find here or anywhere to help make a true success of me, the better.

Glad to be here!

Replies

• adbohls
    adbohls Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You sound kind of like me. I have made it a second career learning how to lose weight, but have never seemed to put anything I learned into action. This is a great site to do that though. I really supports what I have learned and makes it super easy. I just hope I can stick with it over the long haul and not give up. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • theamandamentality
    Options
    I signed up here because my network of local friends and family is small-ish, so any place I can feed on inspiration and motivation will benefit me even more.

I know I can do this! Thanks for your reply. =]
  • jzrharv
    jzrharv Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    So do you have a copy of "To Serve Man" in your library or in your kitchen?
  • bkknights
    bkknights Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I'm pretty new too. Please feel free to add me. Those breakdowns can be hard but we all need to support and motivate each other!!
  • khuckaby1
    khuckaby1 Posts: 69
    Options
    Welcome! This site is great. My parents just moved from Mesa so I kinda know what part of the world you are in. :) feel free to add me.

P.S I had a Sonic blast tonight so I know about those breakdowns. (At least it was a mini Blast. I used to get a regular)
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Good luck on your journey.
  • spokaloo
    spokaloo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me Amanda. I too have a small group of friends in the "real" world. It's nice to have positive encouragement here when not everyone in my life knows that I am embarking on a rather large change in my physical well being! Good luck!
  • theamandamentality
    Options
    @jzrharv I'm not really familiar with most Twilight Zone episodes, but I realized your were [hopefully] talking about an actual cookbook.

In other words, I don't. Is it a good one?
  • jonesyx6
    jonesyx6 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've been on for only a couple weeks, and my support system is small or non existent and the ones that are here are small sized and have no idea the struggle. I have really come to look forward to logging in here and looking at the success stories, etc. when I'm feeling down. Hope you do too!
  • lunchlady1208
    Options
    Hello :) I'm new here, too....but it seems such a good place to be :) Welcome :)
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello and Welcome!! If you KNOW that you are going to want the Sonic Oreo Blast, schedule it for One Day a Week. Having a Food Reward is not always the "Best" Idea, but it can work. Make it your reward for working out every day or for eating "On Plan" for the rest of the week.
  • bmdk0510
    bmdk0510 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hello I am new here also. We all fall off the wagon, so to speak, once in a while :)
  • jonesyx6
    jonesyx6 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've been on for only a couple weeks, and my support system is small or non existent and the ones that are here are small sized and have no idea the struggle. I have really come to look forward to logging in here and looking at the success stories, etc. when I'm feeling down. Hope you do too!

To clarify...when I say the "ones that are here" I mean in my real life...not on MFP! I have found nothing but unbiased love from everyone here on MFP! Sorry...too late to type AND make sense I guess!
  • theamandamentality
    Options
    Thanks for the support, everyone. It's overwhelmingly awesome!

Well, not so much overwhelming. I'm contently whelmed.
  • Jyster
    Jyster Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    OP: This is your Lg. Oreo Sonic blast.

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 1 large (559.0 g)
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 960Calories from Fat 360
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 40.0g62%
    Saturated Fat 25.0g125%
    Cholesterol 85mg28%
    Sodium 310mg13%
    Total Carbohydrates 139.0g46%
    Dietary Fiber 2.0g8%
    Sugars 124.0g
    Protein 12.0g
    Vitamin A 20% • Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 45% • Iron 15%

Sounds good but half your day's calorie count. :) Yummy yummy.