NSVs... I need to start believing in myself

Options
Gottastop
Gottastop Posts: 67 Member
So I'm close to 30lbs lost & I still (STILL!?!) don't believe it, I don't see it. I haven't taken pictures or measurements cause I don't like pictures of me & I was embarrassed by how big I was so I didn't want to put a number to it.

BUT I've had two NSV recently that are my slap in the face to get me to start believing in myself

1. My seven year old gave me a hug last week & told me he was able to hold his hands together.
I was confused & asked for him to explain, he said he was able to put his hands over each other, I joked it off saying he was growing & his arms were getting longer. He explained that he was always able to touch fingers but now he is touching above his wrists, plus he could feel my hipbone.

2. I bought a Maia bra the first week of March; it was too small (Like REALLY too small; I could barely breath it was so tight) it's now too big even on the tightest hook, it's too small. :smile:

Now I need to find the motivation to start working out to tighten up

Replies

• mandamommy3
    mandamommy3 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, and I'm assuming you meant to say the bra is now too big. Keep it up!
  • cassblue21
    cassblue21 Posts: 207
    Options
    That is GREAT! Way to go! :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Two major scores!!! You're rocking this!!!! Your family is on board. This sounds like a lifestyle change to me!
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Sometimes NSV's are so much better than what the scale says. Good job!!! You are doing amazing!
  • Gottastop
    Gottastop Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, and I'm assuming you meant to say the bra is now too big. Keep it up!

LOL, yeah I fixed that
  • ResetJen
    ResetJen Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hehe love it.... and now you have to accept the awful truth...your dedication and hard work is paying off x

Big congrats!!!!!
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I understand where you are. I am seeing results like you, but still look in the mirror and see the same old me. I'm so afraid of getting to my goal weight and being the ONLY PERSON who doesn't still see an overweight person!!! I think your NSV's are fantastic! Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!