Am I not losing weight because I'm not sweating?

Options
:smile: Okay, I go to the gym and I walk a mile a day sometimes I sweat like crazy and sometimes I don't.... does that mean I'm not losing weight because I'm not sweating?:huh:

Replies

• Ljamerson
    Options
    :smile: Okay, I go to the gym and I walk a mile a day sometimes I sweat like crazy and sometimes I don't.... does that mean I'm not losing weight because I'm not sweating?:huh:
  • sistersscn
    Options
    Hi Ljamerson
    How is your :heart: rate.You need to get your heart rate up for 20 min or so to burn baby burn!!!
    Keep up the good job walking though
  • samantha_martin11
    Options
    Yea you'll lose weight soon!:smile: I lost 7 pounds in 3 weeks but i gain and lose all the time. So just get ur :heart: rate up.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    sweat isn't an indicator of calorie burn, but it is an indicator
    of you not getting enough water sometimes. as posted
    a heartrate monitor is the best way to judge your burn rate.
    Also, there are lots of websites that can calculate it for you
    based on your age/sex/weight, exercise type, and time/distance
    on the exercise.

but a heartrate monitor is more accurate.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are getting your heart rate up everytime you work out. Somedays that is harder than others!

The more fit you become the more your body will sweat because it becomes more efficient. I make goals for myself and then I try to beat the previous days mile total in a certain amount of time.

I started out doing 3 miles in an hour and now I am up to 5.5 miles in an hour and hoping to break the 6 miles by months end. You need to start at your own pace but if you want to get better you are going to have to push yourself every now and then, you will be surprised how much you are capable of!