Father's Day Presents (from kids to dads)

Options
Genericwit
Genericwit Posts: 70 Member
Heya. I saw some topics on here about not eating right during Father's Day or what wives are getting husbands, but... I'm here to ask the purely materialistic - what are you getting your father?

My dad is the worst person in the world to shop for because he dislikes most vanity gifts. He doesn't like tools or cologne or ties. He winds up buying me something with gift cards I give him. So I always have to think pretty hard about it. Sometimes I think of something really meaningful (like an out-of-print book by a Croatian politician that I spent months tracking down until I found a seller in Russia who made me pay an arm and a leg for it), but this time, I went with something practical.

His wallet's falling apart, so I got him a nice, simple leather one, like the one he had. And I got him a new stereo for the backyard because the old one didn't have an iPod hookup and some waterproof speakers for the pool.

Replies

• khedl85
    khedl85 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Im a last minute shopper this year.....I plan to go Saturday... = /
  • BriskisGrl
    BriskisGrl Posts: 461
    Options
    my father a card..

my husband can't say since he's active on mfp.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    My dad is hard to buy for because he has EVERYTHING... and if he doesnt have it he buys it before I get the chance. this year I opted to make his gift. I bought a white plate and I am writing things on it and then I'll bake it to seal it. That way he can use it or he can put it away lol
  • Genericwit
    Genericwit Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My dad is hard to buy for because he has EVERYTHING... and if he doesnt have it he buys it before I get the chance. this year I opted to make his gift. I bought a white plate and I am writing things on it and then I'll bake it to seal it. That way he can use it or he can put it away lol

See I tried a homemade gift one year, and... honesty, whether good or bad, is important in my family... and he had no qualms about telling me, "thanks, but don't make me something. What am I going to do with it?" Haha.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    We always get my husband something meaningful as a Dad - water guns one year, a fire pit and a fancy lawn chair one year, even a hair cutter. This year, I'm still not sure - the kids and I are going shopping tomorrow.

My dad is the same as yours - has everything he wants, and could care less about anything else. So, for many years he has gotten only a card. This year, however, I am giving him a Shutterfly book of our family reunion last summer.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I have no idea. I have until my lunch break as we are doing dinner for Father's day tonight!! I'm also on a small budget.

My dad is one of those people who has everything or will buy anything for himself. Extremely hard!
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    My dad is getting money, he collects coins and I can't afford any of the ones he wants.

My husband is going to see Metallica on the 24th.