Looking for understanding peeps to kick my *** into gear!

Options
Hello all! This isn't my first time using MFP, but it is my first time to reach out and ask for help. I used the site for awhile, but eventually fell off the "wagon" and just gave up. Well, I'm back now and really committed to getting healthy. I guess my weight really got driven home when one of my 6 year old students called me fat and the other student agreed with him :grumble:

So, I am looking to find some supportive friends that don't mind checking in and keeping me on track! I also have the added struggle of working through binge eating disorder....needless to say, I've got my work cut out for me :embarassed:

Send me a request if you want to be friends! Thanks!

Replies

• bkknights
    bkknights Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi,

My name is Brook and you can add me if you'd like. Welcome again....I've been here about 4 weeks now. I really like it and hope I can stick with it. I've already said I've never been this accountable before in terms of logging my food. I will be here to provide motivation and support and will NEVER judge binges. Not that they are something to encourage but we give ourselves enough guilt when its over. I have problems with self control myself, especially at work. This last weekend was not good but I've just got to keep going.
  • dhoody
    dhoody Posts: 49
    Options
    Here for support if you need me .....just holla
  • rocketass99
    rocketass99 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    glad to help I'm a good cheerleader. You can friend me if you like
  • eaddyphd
    eaddyphd Posts: 6
    Options
    Count me in...
  • AJTwiddy
    AJTwiddy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Add me if ya like
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Im game for it. Lets do this!
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    You can add me if you want, I love donuts too haha!
  • drummer_lady
    drummer_lady Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for some supportive friends too, feel free to add me.

I actually had a student call me fat too during my student-teaching practicum this spring. Definitely does not feel good!
  • smsgreaves
    smsgreaves Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I could do with some butt kicking and motivation myself!! So far I've only got one friend on here and I kind of feel like I'm stalking her :laugh:
    I'm just over one week in and having fun so far, lost 2kg last week so that helped! I'm an emotional eater so might struggle staying on track in the tough times, would love some more support :smile:
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    This seems like something of an oxymoron... an understanding drill sergeant.. yeah, like those exist.... LOL> Welcome back. I wish you the very best. Think of your goal and what life will be like when you achieve it and then don't let ANYTHING get in your way. You can do it. Think of it this way... You can choose smaller clothes, more agility, a better looking you OR choose heart disease, stroke, diabetes, high blood pressure, , lack of mobility, cancer and dying early... The choice is yours... For real though, do this for you. You can do it. Go for it. Make it happen.
  • tempestrising
    Options
    Hi & welcome! I'm new here as well. I tend to binge eat when I am
    under extreme stress. I would be glad to offer my support anytime :smile:
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I'm not great at pep talks for this kind of thing, but I'm just popping in to say I would've smacked the smart mouth right off both of those kids.
  • vbcoach25
    vbcoach25 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the boards or back to the boards. :) Be proud that you are taking the right steps to make a difference. The encouragement on here is terrific! Keep asking questions and for those "kicks" when you need them!

Julie (aka VBCoach25)
  • Esther50
    Esther50 Posts: 252
    Options
    I would like to have smacked those people that call me Fat also, HOWEVER, if them calling us FAT is what it takes for us to take action, THEN SO BE IT.

You are taking action, that is the first step and for some the hardest.