Body pump, Body attack, Body combat, and Zumba

Options
Hi All,
I am doing Body pump, Body attack, Body combat, and Zumba. Is anyone else out there taking these classes? If so, how are you figuring out the number of calories burned per each activity? :smile:

Thanks

Replies

• cekeys
    cekeys Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I've only done Body pump since I got my HRM. I've burned between 425-500 depending on how hard I push myself.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I do body pump and I used to do zumba.

I usually post 300 for body pump and 500 for Zumba.
  • cindyrey
    Options
    www.zumbacalories.com
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I do zumba and go to www.zumbacalories.com to figure out what I burned. It asks for your current weight and how long and how intense your zumba work out was- then it calculates it for you! Its pretty accurate! :)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I wore my heart rate monitor a couple of times to work out roughly what I burn, and I use that as an estimate.

I reckon about 350 per hour for pump, 500 for combat. I don't really like attack, but it's a big calorie burner. Zumba will depend on how much you shake thaat thang!
  • jonbairam11
    Options
    Hi I do BODYCOMBAT a lot and burn between 1000 and 1200 calories according to my HRM. Calorie burn really depends on you so if you dont have an HRM get one, they are great.

BODYPUMP will be less calories but you will develop good muscle tone and control that will help with fitness and how efficient your body is.

The great thing about all Les Mills programs is that to become an instructor there are strict criteria and courses must be followed and constantly updated and affiliated as it is a global brand.

For Zumba I dont know anything about the class or the requirements for the instructors that ensures you get the right workout for you.
  • DoBetterDrea
    DoBetterDrea Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I did body attack for the first time today and according to my HRM, burned about 1000 calories. It was intense but I loved it! I will definitely be doing it again. On Monday, I'm doing Body Pump for the second time. The first time, I couldn't make it through the entire class and any did 30 minutes. I'm hoping to do better on Monday. Wednesday is Body Attack again and next Saturday I'll be doing Body Combat for the first time. Don't know how I feel about that one though.
  • AnnetteBailey71
    Options
    Hi there
    I do all the same classes as you ...body attack being my favourite ..i would say that since doing all of this i have maintained my weightloss which was 2 1/2 stone ...I burn a huge amount of calories during body attack and combat but surprisingly even though the pace was lower i worked harder during pump ....its good to mix up cardio with some strength training ...Pump is probably the fastes way to improve and change your body shape ...all in all whatever your doing is better than doing nothing ..best of luck ..