police officers/deputies best excuses you have got

Options
to all law enforcement whats the best excuses you have heard or ones that were just way out of the norm

Replies

• heagler870
    heagler870 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I am not either of the above but I once got pulled over and the cop asked me 3 times if I had been drinking. Slightly annoyed I finally said "Yeah, actually I have been drinking. Some water from Ihop." He smiled and gave me a warning. lol
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    im innocent................federal correctional officer
  • harribo_mum
    Options
    I'm not in the police but as for funny excuses my mum caught one of her members of staff with their hand stuck in a vending machine with their pockets full of chocolate. Their excuse was that they fell over and their hand got stuck which made the chocolate fall in their pockets!
  • rsqsquad05
    rsqsquad05 Posts: 125
    Options
    I'm a dispatcher and I love my cops, best excuse ----> "I don't have to run, that's what I have a gun for" lmao
  • jreimund
    jreimund Posts: 64
    Options
    Not an officer, but as a 911 operator/dispatcher, I've heard ALOT! The best one recently was, "It's not my bra!" (Coming from a lady who had just been search and narcotics where found, in her bra...)
  • harristim88
    Options
    we had a guy tell us the other day he was not driving the car.(when i was behind him for more then 8 blocks) then he said well i was driving but not a car when i asked him what it was he told me a spaceship and he was late had to get going its gonna take a long time to get to the next planet turns out he was all messed up on bath slats
  • bumbledust
    bumbledust Posts: 22
    Options
    Dispatcher/part-time jailer here. I don't have a "best" excuse, because most of them are honestly pretty damned retarded. Working at this job sometimes make me question the sanity of the general public, but then I have to remind myself that the general public usually doesn't call 911 on a regular basis, and doesn't typically spend time in jail...

ed.
    ... turns out he was all messed up on bath slats

You'd better be glad he didn't try to eat your face! You hear about that crazy guy in Florida?
  • 152dbs
    152dbs Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Not an officer, but as a 911 operator/dispatcher, I've heard ALOT! The best one recently was, "It's not my bra!" (Coming from a lady who had just been search and narcotics where found, in her bra...)

same here...a guy turned himself in after being sentenced on a charge and have a few grams of cocaine in his pocket of his jacket...his excuse..."not my jacket"

also a man was an amputee and was missing a leg. in the rolled up leg of his pants was a ziploc bag of weed...his excuse "not my pants"

we get alot of "dirty cop planted it on me" some are drug charges...a few have said that when there were arrested for battery.

1 guy said he punched his girlfriend because she hit him after he slapped her.

alot of morons...

but i still have not gotten a good answer for why men put cell phones or drugs up their a*holes...ill never understand that one. i know ive heard more but in 11 yrs u tend to forget alot.
  • harristim88
    Options
    You'd better be glad he didn't try to eat your face! You hear about that crazy guy in Florida?
    [/quote]

would have been a very bad day for him
  • 152dbs
    152dbs Posts: 116 Member
    Options

would have been a very bad day for him

if someone is running at me with an open mouth and looking crazy, they will be getting $$$ from the toof fairy. ive been bit once...by a friend, he got forearm/elbow to the cheekbone. mouths are filthy...
  • harristim88
    Options
    i have only had someone bite me once and it was a girl reached into take her seat belt off she got my shoulder pretty good lol
  • LAWoman79
    LAWoman79 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    You all make me very happy, that I am a mere Transaction Coordinator.
  • mmcwithey
    mmcwithey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Those are great to read :) I'm a Dispatcher as well, add me if you would like.

The best I've heard...."he took off running, so I went and got back in my car and went around the block and cut him off on the other side. I'm smarter than they are... why should I run?" :)
  • harristim88
    Options
    i think my favs are still the its not my my car its my friends car but they never know the friends name or phone number or have an excuse for their being no ignition
  • harristim88
    Options
    bump for the morning need to hear from some fellow police officers