New here - just saying hi!

Options
Hi everyone,
My name is Paul and I live in Montreal. I'm 45. In the past year, I gained 30 pounds. My goal is to lose 20 and then will see how I feel about another 10. So far, I have lost 10 pounds in 5-1/2 weeks. I am finding it extremely difficult because I love to eat! I work out at the gym twice a week for an hour and a half and I do an hour of yoga twice a week. I have been watching my calorie intake and eating better foods. The biggest thing was cutting out soft drinks. How is everyone else losing weight? Any tips?

Replies

• Marque74
    Marque74 Posts: 60
    Options
    Hey Paul. I'm Mark. Welcome to MFP. You picked a great site. People are very supportive here. Staying focused is a big key. Also, I count all my calories. Make sure you drink plenty of water. Also, I measure and weigh pretty much all my food that I prepare. Those are my tips. Feel free to add me if you'd like. Any questions, just ask.
  • pwitwicki
    pwitwicki Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks Mark! I appreciate the advice! I have been drinking lots of water and I think that really helps too. I used to drink so much Coke... haven't had any since I started eating better & working out 5 weeks ago.