Jillian Michael's 90 Day Body Revolution

Options
I'm about 3 weeks away from completing the 3 month BR set. Is anyone else starting or finishing this series, too? What did you think? Did you follow her meal plan? See results? I didn't take pictures or measurements, just dove right in. I've lost 9 lbs ( and lost another 5 before starting BR), have lost inches, and am WAY stronger than I was when I started!

Replies

• sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jenn6566
    jenn6566 Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm a P90X fan and have thought about the BR plan but didn't want to spend the money on another program right now but MAY still consider it in the future. Did you enjoy it and feel it was worth it?
  • sl1ngsh0t
    Options
    Yes, I did feel it was worth it. I'd never taken part in an exercise program of ANY kind prior to trying it. I feel a lot stronger and saw results quickly. Coincidentally, I'm thinking about doing P90X as soon as I'm through. What did/do you like about it most?
  • jenn6566
    Options
    Good to know. I'll tell you - P90X is ADDICTING. I love love love Tony Horton and do'nt even turn off the volume when I do a workout that I've done a hundred times before. I can almost talk right along with him. Visit the beachbody.com message boards it is a HUGE help motivation-wise to go and ask questions, and talk to people doing the same program. I have many friends all over the country that I met on those message boards. I've had P90X for almost 4 years and it's always the workout I fall back on even though I dabble in other stuff from time to time.
  • jenn6566
    Options
    also, I'm 45 and had great results - I have muscles!
  • Sharmender
    Sharmender Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I really want to start it, but do you need any equipment for it?
  • sl1ngsh0t
    Options
    I really want to start it, but do you need any equipment for it?

Weights. I use 2 and 5 lb. Killian advises to use one set of Light, Medium and Heavy in the series.
  • sl1ngsh0t
    Options
    Good to know. I'll tell you - P90X is ADDICTING. I love love love Tony Horton and do'nt even turn off the volume when I do a workout that I've done a hundred times before. I can almost talk right along with him. Visit the beachbody.com message boards it is a HUGE help motivation-wise to go and ask questions, and talk to people doing the same program. I have many friends all over the country that I met on those message boards. I've had P90X for almost 4 years and it's always the workout I fall back on even though I dabble in other stuff from time to time.

Thanks for the feedback. I am checking this out right *now*.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in doing this, but don't think it's available in the UK yet. I've done Jillians 30ds and RIpped in 30 and both are good with great results, so that's why i wanted to give the BR a try.
  • gombolyu
    gombolyu Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I really like it. I prefer the body revolution more than 30 ds or other from Jillian. But I don't do the whole program, I do other exercises too. ( I am a big kettlebell and butt bible fan as well.) Recenty I do 3 and 4. I am not ready yet to step over that level.
    The only downside for me is that Jillian makes the exercises like back and front body sections. But the other programs are for upper body or lower body. So it doesn't really fit in the order.
  • AlexanderK1994
    AlexanderK1994 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    You also need a resistance cable to do this. :) I'm finishing my second week of phase 1 right now.
  • sl1ngsh0t
    Options
    You also need a resistance cable to do this. :) I'm finishing my second week of phase 1 right now.

^ this! I forgot to say so since a resistance cable comes with the dvd set.
  • gombolyu
    gombolyu Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I really like it. I prefer the body revolution more than 30 ds or other from Jillian. But I don't do the whole program, I do other exercises too. ( I am a big kettlebell and butt bible fan as well.) Recenty I do 3 and 4. I am not ready yet to step over that level.
    The only downside for me is that Jillian makes the exercises like back and front body sections. But the other programs are for upper body or lower body. So it doesn't really fit in the order.

I forgot to tell that body revolution results are amazing. I see them after every wo.
  • natvanessa
    natvanessa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 11 and 12, just about done soon....
    I really liked it. I did not follow her meal plan, but I got ideas from her plan (like just adding more veggies, greek yogurt, nuts, fish, etc).
    I've lost about 7 pounds but more importantly I can see my waistline and I just feel stronger and more fit.

I took up running since I started so I didn't do her cardio workouts as much, but run on those days instead. Overall I really enjoy her workouts and they are a good challenge for me, not too easy, yet just hard enough.

I'm also doing P90x next. Just ordered it and I should be starting it in about 2 weeks. Pretty excited for that too!!
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    I had never heard of it until reading this post. I checked it out. Seems decent. Looks like a good workout, but nothing new.

I'll admit though. I kind of want to buy it.
  • sophiesanewmommy
    Options
    I LOVE JIllian Michaels! I'm finishing up phase 2. I didnt take measurements but i've loss a total of 12 pounds so far and i'm super toned. I started this program to get back to my pre baby body but now I've more than exceeded it. For the first time in my life I have abs! My size 3 and 2 jeans use to not fit me after I washed them and now I could button them and have a plenty of room to breathe!

I've tried 10 minute trainer, p90x and Insanity in the past, but this is by far the best program. Its short and effective, plus I love the fact that it keeps my 7 month old entertained.

Bottom line, Body Revolution is well worth the 120 bucks!
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I just bought this the other day and im super pumped to start it:)
    Ive done the original Tony Horton P90 years ago and got great results. I hope BR can push me into a good enough shape/endurance to try P90x. :) I want my body back!
  • tra428
    tra428 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    First time posting on a message board! I hope this helps me stick to it.

I'm stocking up on the groceries to follow her 7 day kickstart diet in the next couple days! I'll post measurements/weight too.

Do any of you have before and afters? I'm doing this for my wedding which is in 75 days! Already lost 10 lbs before joining myfitnesspal on weight watchers but I've decided to try something new. So far I'm loving MFP :)
  • pashalia
    pashalia Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I just finished phase2 with amazing results... On phase 2 I lost 5% of body fat!!!! Join the group for support

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/2900-jillian-michaels-body-revolution
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    How does it compare to her other DVDs?