Looking for some friends for support

Options
Hi, I'm relatively new to the forums and I'm looking for some friends who can give some support, advice, and help keep me accountable. I think being a part of a community here will really help me to stay on track this time!

A little bit about myself for anyone who is curious:
I'm 22 years old, and am looking to lose quite a bit of weight. I'm aiming for 100 pounds, and maybe even more if I reach that goal someday. I have successfully lost weight before, but I gained it all back and more over the last 3 years. This time I'm hoping to keep it off for good. I'm a university student and some of the obstacles I'm hoping to overcome during my weight loss journey are stress/emotional eating, finding time to eat properly on a busy schedule, and of course being able to eat well on my tiny student-sized budget haha.

So if anyone is looking for more friends and can spare some advice and support, I'd be happy to give some as well :)

Replies

• Bub1971
    Bub1971 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Been there with the 100 lbs free to add me.:smile:
  • lolstanski
    lolstanski Posts: 18
    Options
    hi drummer_lady ! im looking for some support too. I have been mega fit most of my life and did a dance degree in uni. to me my normal size is a size 6 weighing about 7 1/2 stone. Im a tiny build and have always considered my body to be my career if that makes sense. I LOVE my food so even tho i was on a controlled diet for ten years I still ate what i wanted but burned it off as i lived in the gym !
    I gave birth to my son Jack over 2 1/2 years ago and put on about 3 stone but lost it within 2 months of having him . Sadly tho due to several complications during labour I am not what you consider partly disabled. Im no longer able to excersise (which is my stress relief) and have not set foot in a gym for 2 years now. Ive gone up to 10 1/2 stone and while i appreciate for alot of people thats nothing , to me its 4 stone heavier than what i should be and I hate the way i look. i find it really hard to diet as my weakness is midnight snacking mainly due to me not able to sleep because of the pain im in ( the copious amount of drugs im on for pain also make me gain weight) and boredom. I really need some support but could never go to slimming world or weight watchers as they cost too much and there are too many foods which i wouldnt be able to eat and i cant do that. Id rather eat what i want in moderation than cut it out