Fasting?

Options
So I didn't watch what i ate too closely for about a week or two due to the fact that I didn't want to worry about it too much (I still met/stayed under my calorie goals) to restart my diet should i fast? is it a good idea or a myth? help please!

Replies

• DB_1106
    DB_1106 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    to restart my diet should i fast? is it a good idea or a myth? help please!

What would be your purpose of fasting?
  • xxcatyxx555
    xxcatyxx555 Posts: 184
    Options
    idk someone told me to get the toxins out or something like that
  • DB_1106
    DB_1106 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I am not so sure on the whole fasting thing. I saw a thread floating around earlier about fasting. Doesn't make too much sense to me and seems pointless.
  • natashahunt2010
    Options
    I think it helps me get back on track. Just don't do it for more than a day, I mean it could be harmful.
  • janedoe0198
    Options
    Dont do it for diet reasons..please.
  • EstherZue
    EstherZue Posts: 39
    Options
    If done properly fasting has many benefits, for the digestive system, for you psychology. But its not a "detox". The body is perfectly capable of detoxing itself - there is a host of organs dedicated for that purpose. You cannot actually "flush out" any toxins by stopping to eat - logically makes no sense, right?

Fasting is a serious undertaking and requires preparation and supervision by a doctor. When you stop eating, your previously digested food stays in your colon with a possible poisenous effect. You need to have a colonic irrigation by your doctor.

You also cannot just stop eating. You have to reduce your intake 2 days ahead of fasting and 1 week after. On the first day you break the fasting you are only allowed to eat some cooked unsalted vegetables, and then slowly to reintroduce other food groups.

You see, fasting is not something you can just do for a week to lose some weight. There is healing-fasting camps in most countries, which you can join for a minimum of 10 days. They will provide all liquids, a room, activities and medical supervision.
    It is not recommended to just do it by yourself, without previous experience, without medical supervision and while working, driving, smoking, etc.

If you want to balance high calorie days, you could do a "raw food day" and eat only raw veg, fruit and nuts, or a juice day with only freshly-squeezed juices.