Doing the splits !! Anyone help req lol

Options
Ok this is not for me as not got no chance what so ever of getting in to the splits !!
What it is my 9 year old daughter has dance exam in 3 weeks weeks and needs to be able to do the splits !! She is nearly there only about 1-2 inches from the floor, but was wondering If anyone had some good tips or things she could do to b
Able to get right down ??? I know it's a long shot and the site is not really for things like this but tips or something would b very useful :) thinks

Replies

• Foodie711711
    Foodie711711 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    well back in my cheerleading and dance days I was told it came down to flexibility. So have her practice stretching and some yoga moves!
  • betteringmyselfeachday
    Options
    Weused to lay on our back with our legs on the wall in a v and push your legs down as far as u can. U can always have someone else help push your legs down a little more.

Stretch stretch
  • MzCongeniality70
    MzCongeniality70 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Ian, you know you are asking on behalf of yourself...don't be shy! :laugh:

Good luck to your little one though, she will be great! :flowerforyou:
  • meganicka
    meganicka Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is hard, because you don't want her to get injured, and most things that can stretch splits COULD lead to injury if done with improper alignment, etc. That being said, and with a caution warning, when I was in gymnastics, the way I got my splits flat to the floor was by putting one foot up on a mat (3 in.-12 in.) off the floor, and sliding into split with my leg elevated. It stretches using the force of gravity combined with your body weight. Make sure you watch her, though, and ensure she is straight, and even though people do it, I don't think you should EVER push in this position unless you are a trained professional and maybe not even then. For middle splits, and this is much safer, you can have her lay on her back, with her hips bent 90 degrees, butt against the wall, legs up the wall, flat, and then let her legs open to straddle slowly. Sitting like this and trying to relax your muscles will stretch and also improve your straddle flexibility using gravity. The important thing is that she stays at 90 degrees with legs flat against the wall, even when in straddle, to ensure she is stretching the right muscles. It's like making a V against the wall (this may be what a previous poster was suggesting).
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    547120_10151808427995293_76575153_n.jpg

First time ever on Tuesday!! Haha

The only thing that I could recommend is to stretch, but make sure that she has warmed up first!! My 2 former busted hamstrings are proof of not!!

Hold left and right hamstring stretches for 15-20 seconds. But again, don't do them too often, or you could put too much stress on your hammys
  • poledancing_ninja
    Options
    If it's required for her dance exam, ask her dance instructor.